aberdeen-music

Is metalcore the new "Nu-Metal"?

davewarden

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nu metal's not dead' date=' Coby Dick's just waiting for the right time to pounce again. Anyone who says they don't own Hybrid Theory, Infest or Chocolate Starfish is a total liar.[/quote']

I 'had' all those albums at one point. I got bored of them and gave them to my little brother a couple of months after they came out.

Papa Roach ruined 'Gouge Away' by the Pixies. That ended them as far as i was concerned :p

I could be way off here but Metalcore would be something like Killswitch engaged. Usually a dry production coupled with screamy vocals, lots of solos that seem to have an Iron Maiden influence, maybe some sweeping etc etc. Maybe some stop starty riffs with discordant chords.

Numetal is very simple riffs played with big choruses, sometimes even a bit of rap thrown in. Big choruses, guitars tuned very low.

I could be way off here but Metalcore would be something like Killswitch engaged. Usually a dry production coupled with screamy vocals' date=' lots of solos that seem to have an Iron Maiden influence, maybe some sweeping etc etc. Maybe some stop starty riffs with discordant chords.

Numetal is very simple riffs played with big choruses, sometimes even a bit of rap thrown in. Big choruses, guitars tuned very low.[/quote']

I have have never heard Killswitch Engaged.

Going by your description, this can only be a good thing.

Guest bluesxman
CUT MY LIFE lNTO PIECES!

I f**kin' hate that song. And the video even more. The bass player or guitarist, I don't care which, whacking the head of his bass/guitar towards the camera while trying to look hard. And then all those kids standing in their rooms trying to look hard. And the lonely girl lying on her bed suddenly crowd surfing, pfft. Shite. What other songs did they actually do?

I did quite like some of Limp Bizkit's songs for a while, the guitar sound was good. Then that Wes guy left and the sound was shite. All these metal genres confuse me, how do metal fans keep up.....