aberdeen-music

suggestion

Stripey

Bin the "radio station", clearly nobody listens to it, while you have all those mp3's wasting space on your server.

You could replace it's table on the front page with a dynamically updated listed of the 5 most recently posted tracks in the feedback forum. Obviously these are all hosted off-site anyway, saving you storage space and bandwidth bills, and at the same time providing some sense of momentum in terms of new tunes coming out of the "scene".

Guest Neubeatz

To be honest, I think there is a mind set, that if it's not punted by some party attempting to sell something then it must be of little significance or second rate in some way,

This is not necessarily the case at all,

When I had a bit more enthusiasm and drive a couple of years ago I used various online music distribution sites to set up "internet radio stations", I always made a point of posting links to such stations on every website and forum I visited, the level of interest on ab-music ranged from zero, to plain "fuck off with that dope rave shit"... so being as a sensitive musican type, I list that as the main reason for not bothering to submit anything to the ab-mus radio station here,

What I always used to wonder was though, how could any one know what "that dope rave shit" sounded like when no one bothered to listen...

Anyway, I think it's good to have this debate and read what others think, but till I can afford broadband, I cant listen to anything that streams at more than 56k..boo hoo...:(

If the radio station doesn't use space/bandwidth then it may be worth keeping, though it does seem underused just now. Maybe just needs a bit of a push. Is anyone still doing their own shows? Dave? How about downloadable podcasts?

The feedback idea is very good though. It could be a chart of the most recent posted mp3s, but even better would be a chart of the most popular. As well as leaving comments about choons in the feedback forum, could there be a rating system linked to a weekly chart like what AUBL did? (sorry, Rico...) Actually maybe the mp3 rating bit should be separate from the discussion on the feedback forum. Just a link to an mp3, and the facility to rate it.

Guest Neubeatz
It could be a chart of the most recent posted mp3s, but even better would be a chart of the most popular. As well as leaving comments about choons in the feedback forum, could there be a rating system linked to a weekly chart like what AUBL did? (sorry, Rico...) Actually maybe the mp3 rating bit should be separate from the discussion on the feedback forum. Just a link to an mp3, and the facility to rate it.

:up: Yes although this sounds good in theory, ratings and charts invite "gaming" and inevitably you would find that it would be the same mp3's at the top of the chart if it was based on ratings,

I think that you have to leave charts oot....???