Remembering Never- http://www.myspace.com/rememberingnever954

Parkway Drive- www.myspace.com/parkwaydrive

We Shall Be Blessed- www.myspace.com/weshallbeblessed

Clearer The Sky- www.myspace.com/clearerthesky

Moshulu

Wednesday 30th August (thats THIS Wed)

Doors 7pm (dunno running times)

Tickets £8 (dunno about door price)

Tickets available from members of Clearer The Sky, and also from the Bassment and One-up in advance

Dunno why no-one has bothered to promote this gig, should be a cracker. I haven't even seen a poster or any flyers.

All awesome bands.

:up:

christ' date=' you would think from her ashes were playing at this[/quote']

I would be fine if i was playing, please remember i've been in bands for longer than you have :), its just the whole getting to see/possibly meet one of the people that inspires me in music. I know you get like that too.

baahahahahaha' date=' what does that mean?[/quote']

Just meant its not exactly like i'm a gig virgin, i've played a lot of gigs in fact, and i wouldn't be nervous if i was playing this.

You've played gigs with me, so you've seen how calm i am before we go onstage.

I guess i just meant that your ridiculous statement wasn't backed with anything credible regardless of its intent.

Have a nice day and i guess we won't be seeing you there tonight :)

now another 40 people will go to the gig

I would doubt it, being under-promoted my guess is no more than 100 through the door, which is a shame because Hulud are the sort of band that has influenced a lot of the bands that many metalcore/hardcore fans are listening to today, especially all the scene bands.

It shall be an amazing gig none the less, well for me at least :p

I would doubt it' date=' being under-promoted my guess is no more than 100 through the door, which is a shame because Hulud are the sort of band that has influenced a lot of the bands that many metalcore/hardcore fans are listening to today, especially all the scene bands.

It shall be an amazing gig none the less, well for me at least :p[/quote']

Mmmmhmmmmm...if anyone who likes Poison The Well or Misery Signals doesn't show for this they should be beaten to death with checkerboard Vans.

Gig was fucking ace. There was a reasonable amount of people there too, i woulda said about 100(ish) dunno official figures.

Clearer The Sky: Getting better. Still not keen on Shaun's backing vocals and Jonathan's between song banter.

We Shall Be Blessed: Bass sound was terrible, a bit too farty for my liking. I liked the switch to 7 string action mid-set. It was pretty beefy sound wise. The blue blazer tribute was pretty funny too. Glad there's some new songs on the go too.

Remembering Never: Good on cd, not really fussed with them live. They were pretty tight and their songs were alright its just they sounded a bit samey.

Parkway Drive: Great as usual, nice to see folks singing along to their stuff. Talked to Winston (singer) after gig and he really enjoyed it, he thought the crowd were ace. I admit they do stray into samey metalcore territory sometimes but they're still only touring their debut album. I'm sure they'll mature a lot more soundwise on their next album, there's been a marked improvement from their first EP to the album so i expect they're just gonna get better and better.

Shai Hulud: Were everything i expected them be. Eric was a great choice of replacement vocalist for Geert and although he was ill as fuck he sang his heart out. I know pureist's would be like "it's only 2/5 of the real shai hulud" but let's remember that the two Matt's write all the songs anyway. They were fucking loving it too, as were all the guys at the front with me :) I even had the mic thrust in front of me during my favourite song (2 and 20 misfortunes) It's just a pity they didn't get to play for longer but the gig was already running over tons and my hearing probably wouldn't've survived it :p

Brilliant night and well worth 8 in my opinion. Nice to see a bit of respect in the pit too :)

Hadn't seen Clearer The Sky since the name/set change. Hell of a lot better, still some fairly ropey guitar and bass playing, not keen ont he vocals either. Ewan's drumming is very very good now though.

I've seen WSBB play a lot better. Not sure the sound's adjusted right to the 7 strings yet. Still enjoyed them like.

Remembering Never = standard tour support for these shows. Fun live, if monotonous, but I think they'd bore the fuck out of me recorded.

Parkway Drive were fucking ace.

Shai Hulud were probably the best hardcore/metal band I've ever seen. A lot of bands could learn a lot from the meaningful but non-nauseating between song speeches.

And the crowd was ace:)