03. Dulcinea

04. Over Root and Thorn

05. 1000 Shards

06. All Out of Time, All into Space

07. Holy Tears

08. Firdous E Bareen

09. Garden of Light

Release Notes:

Isis' long-awaited fourth album In The Absence Of Truth is scheduled for release on October

30 on Ipecac.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with Dave Officer on this one.

Panopticon is one of my all time fave albums but got a kinda tool-10,000days-esque wave of disappointment when i heard this. Too much bass effects? Prefer it when they are beefier and slightly more raw.

Need to give it loads of listens tho. On another note, the 1st song on the fishtank ep with aereogramme is absolutely immense.

i listened to it a bit more today, the drums are still a bit weak sounding for me and the albums seems to just meander along never really picking up steam. it's not shit though, there are some fine tracks and some good moments but sometimes i just wanted someone to kick them up the arse and tell them to get on with it.

panopticon was a brilliant album which managed to capture their more expansive sound while still having some fine chops which felt right and not just heavy for heavy's sake. this one seems a bit aimless. maybe it's a 'grower' but it's still worth listening to.