aberdeen-music

My poor little Gibson SG.

Runcie

Hello. About 4 months ago i dropped my SG against a cabinet in my house and took a chunk of paint off the neck. For some stupid reason i decided the wooden bit was annoying me, so i masked off the chiped bit and spray painted the area. When i took off the masking tape some more of the real paint came off, and it looks much worse. Anyone know of anyone who could do a proper job of fixing the neck, cos i dont want to wreck my guitar anymore than it is.

cheers.

I would just leave it as is. Guitars get chips/dings etc, in fact some people pay to get this done for them!

My son fell through the top of my USA Ovation last week, cracking it in 3 places....ho-hum!

He did offer to pay for it with this pocket money...bless him;)

On the subject of chipped/worn guitars etc....does anybody else think the 'relic' guitar in Bruce M is the worst example of a relic guitar ever, or is it just me?

Yeah relic'd guitars are cool my gibbos get a fair few scratches and stuff, but i don't think fender and the like do much to "Relic" the neck. Its right over the 2nd - 3rd fret and i need to get it sorted cos it'll start to peel away I reckon. Anyone put anything like this to the guy at captain toms?? Is he any good??