aberdeen-music

Freakin bassist looking for band!

The Subtle Arts

Ladies and Germs,

I am moving to Aberdeen, removing myself from this piss ridden land that is the West Coast. Originally from London where I have played in Numerous bands, toured most of UK but STILL looking for that band that wants to excell further.

My musical tastes vary but I love nothing more than playing BRUTAL HEAVY MUSIC! I have my own gear but unfortuneatly due to a hit and run incident involving an ongoing fued with highland cattle and a badger I cannot drive. I use Ampeg B5-R head and 6x10 cab, over the years this is about as portable as my gear has become. I use 5 string basses. Play with pick and/or fingers.

Check out myspace for a list of bands and influences.

You can add me on MSN - thesubtleartsofmurderandpersausion@hotmail.co.uk

or ring me for more details - 07866438393

Oh btw, I am 24 next month, alittle bit crazy, drink like a fish, have an a very dark humour and will try anything once except incest and line dancing.

I even dabble in drumming but have recently sold my kit. My vocals are in vain of Agony Scene, Zao, Heaven Shall Burn etc etc. But don't sing while playing bass unless I can get away with it as mind is in 4 places while on stage.

1. Whos that chick

2. Ooo intricate bass riff/solo coming up

3. Must stop jumping around as I forgot to wear a belt tonight

4. Man I love this freakin music

Band must be serious enough and have love for brutal, fast music. Death, Hardcore, Deathcore jeeze ill even try metalcore :up:

UPDATE: Just left my last band. Looking to form or join a Hardcore/metalcore/thrash band!

• 2 weeks later...

My band are almost ready to gig and in need a bass player as our last one is moving out of the area. We are not sure how to be best describe our style but i place it somewhere around 'symphonic metal'. We are quite ambitious and plan to gig outside the local gig circuit, even within early days.

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35540

Your lack of transport could be compensated for by the bus stop right next to where we practice. Bass amp can also be provided.

You would need to learn about 6 songs or so, then we would be ready to gig.

• 2 weeks later...

yo man my band CRANIAL is lookin for a bassist. We have a range of musical influences mostly DEATH METAL but we're trying to make sumthin a bit different whilst keepin what we love about the our favourite genres. we have a few rough demo's on our myspace site

which is

www.myspace.com/cranialdeath

so give them a listen and let us know if ur intrested

cheers

Lewis @Cranial

• 2 months later...