aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Stripey

Wtf?!

You have been banned for the following reason:

personal abuse.

Date the ban will be lifted: 25-08-2006, 09:00

what the fuck is is this in aid of? eh?

And I suppose post #6 in that thread' date=' by bob, doesn't constitute personal abuse? Or any of the other posts made by people like that directed towards me? Fucking double standards.[/quote']

i think it's the fact that you lashed out and got nasty despite being completely unprovoked that got you banned. if my lifestyle offends you, just ignore it.

oh and before you go crying that i got you banned, i didn't. i didn't even see your response until after you'd been banned.

i think it's the fact that you lashed out and got nasty despite being completely unprovoked that got you banned. if my lifestyle offends you' date=' just ignore it.

oh and before you go crying that i got you banned, i didn't. i didn't even see your response until after you'd been banned.[/quote']

Correct. No-one reported the post. I saw it this morning and in my opinion it was unprovoked personal abuse. There was no need for it, and it's hardly the first time.

And I suppose post #6 in that thread' date=' by bob, doesn't constitute personal abuse? Or any of the other posts made by people like that directed towards me? Fucking double standards.[/quote']

True, Bob shouldn't have posted that. But any posts made by 'people like that' directed towards you are always as a reaction to something that you have unnecessarily started.

True' date=' Bob shouldn't have posted that. But any posts made by 'people like that' directed towards you are always as a reaction to something that you have unnecessarily started.[/quote']

Ok, so it's alright for people to give me "personal abuse" as a reaction to my genuine opinions which I'm not afraid to state (and quite rightly shouldn't be), but it's not ok for me to behave in the same manner without getting banned?

How the fuck do you square that circle? What I posted was a reaction to something someone unnecessarily started anyway. Surely you see how absurd your reasoning is? You told me you couldn't let me get away with calling one of these people "a total fucking mong" yet you seem happy enough to let people call me a cunt at will.

Anyway, you could have just deleted the post.

The thread wasn't started unnecessarily. I was linking an artist that I thought Patrick Boo and some of the other people who frequent the Planet Boo forum would like and might want to discuss.

Ok' date=' so it's alright for people to give me "personal abuse" as a reaction to my genuine opinions which I'm not afraid to state (and quite rightly shouldn't be), but it's not ok for me to behave in the same manner without getting banned?

How the fuck do you square that circle? What I posted was a reaction to something someone unnecessarily started anyway. Surely you see how absurd your reasoning is? You told me you couldn't let me get away with calling one of these people "a total fucking mong" yet you seem happy enough to let people call me a cunt at will.

Anyway, you could have just deleted the post.[/quote']

Are you justifying what you posted by saying you didn't like the thread? As I said on that very thread, it's ok to have an alternate opinion, but there was no need for the personal nature of what you said. And I never said that any personal abuse directed at you was alright.

I watched a programme last night about Primary 1 pupils in the classroom, and that sounds like exactly the same arguments they were making.

"I didn't like the game they were playing so I came over and hit her and then he pushed me away so you should give him a row too and remember yesterday you gave me a row for shouting at him well he did the same to me today so you have to tell him to..." etc. etc.

It's pathetic, you are worth more than that and you've just done it too many times. We could just go on deleting your unacceptable posts, as we have done repeatedly but why should we have to?

Are you justifying what you posted by saying you didn't like the thread? As I said on that very thread' date=' it's ok to have an alternate opinion, but there was no need for the personal nature of what you said. And I never said that any personal abuse directed at you was alright.

[/quote']

I wasn't suggesting that you said that abuse directed at me was alright, I was suggesting that your inconsistent application of the rules says as much.

There is no difference whatsoever in me insulting 1 person because I take exception to their fucking inane statements, and another person insulting me because they take exception to what I say. Other than that when I do it, it seems to warrant a ban, whereas just about everyone else seems to be exempted from this.

There is nothing childish about about me pointing this out, if you don't/won't/can't apply the "rules" in a consistent manner then why should anyone give a flying fuck about them, it's pretty bloody straightforward.

Hate to take Stripey's side, but he has got a valid point. As much as it's his good self who usually incites every incident, those who take his bait and lash out are just as liable as he is. The attack directed towards Stripey was from someone other than the offended party, making it - in my opinion - no better than Stripey's original attack. Chairlie boy might be a big shit stirrer of the highest order, but you can't have rules for the totality, and only apply them to certain minorities....

Just my 2 cents, Andy

either way, if you don't like the way someone behaves on these boards, flag it up to a mod. he acted the cunt and got banned for it and then started greeting like a little bitch about 'everyone else does it, it's so unfair.'

/x

either way' date=' if you don't like the way someone behaves on these boards, flag it up to a mod. he acted the cunt and got banned for it and then started greeting like a little bitch about 'everyone else does it, it's so unfair.'

/x[/quote']

I quite agree that he got what he deserved, but his point about rules being applied loosely is valid. That was all I was getting at.

Andy

i think the point is the number of unprovoked attacks made by him, not only in that thread. He seems unable to express his points without resorting to a personal attack against another member of the boards.

Guest Stripeys a girl

leave her alone

she made a gender mistake, thats all.

Guest Bob
The attack directed towards Stripey was from someone other than the offended party' date=' making it - in my opinion - no better than Stripey's original attack.[/quote']

It wasn't so much of an attack as a fuck off - if I want to attack someone I'll ask them to step closer. Besides, when someone is unjustly attacked without provocation I don't think it's just up to them to say or do something. Think of it as the "International Law" of the forums. I don't particularly care to argue about this any further, but if any of the forum moderators think I was in the wrong by calling Stripey a cunt I will quite happily take a ban till the 25th myself as means of reparation.

It wasn't so much of an attack as a fuck off - if I want to attack someone I'll ask them to step closer. Besides' date=' when someone is unjustly attacked without provocation I don't think it's just up to them to say or do something. Think of it as the "International Law" of the forums. I don't particularly care to argue about this any further, but if any of the forum moderators think I was in the wrong by calling Stripey a cunt I will quite happily take a ban till the 25th myself as means of reparation.[/quote']

Oh it's fair doos man, I'm not condeming you personally. What you said made me chuckle actually. I'm just saying that if the MODs were fair about it, you both broke the rules regardless of who said what first, so both should have been warned or punished. In short: as much is Chairlie boy is a big waster, he had a valid point for once.

Andy

I'm just saying that if the MODs were fair about it' date=' you both broke the rules regardless of who said what first, so both should have been warned or punished.[/quote']

As I've explained before, when moderating I personally try to see the bigger picture, and take things in context. In the case of Stripey's post versus Bob's post, yes they could both be said to be abusive, but the intent behind them was not the same. Nor are their respective posting histories the same. In my opinion a more organic approach, taking in more than one factor is more successful.

If anyone (including Stripey) disagrees with a decision of mine, feel free to tell me, or even better tell Neil and the other Staff.