aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Lester Burnham

Scary Bus...

Does anyone know of any buses that head down to Pocra Quay (basically Fittie). I start a work placement there today and am getting a lift down but from this evening onwards shall be without lift.

I'm not looking forward to walking about the harbour area on my own in the early morning/later at night :( I pray that there's some bus service.

Guest Neubeatz
Does anyone know of any buses that head down to Pocra Quay (basically Fittie). I start a work placement there today and am getting a lift down but from this evening onwards shall be without lift.

I'm not looking forward to walking about the harbour area on my own in the early morning/later at night :( I pray that there's some bus service.

wear a fake beard, no one will look at you twice............

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Sharon you are such a pussy, it's a perfectly nice part of town. I'm not sure of the number, think it's 23, but the Woodend bus goes to and from. You can get it from the holburn-most point of union street to directly outside the office and vice versa

The harbour is probably one of the safest places in town... How many muggings beatings stabbing or the like do you hear coming from the harbour ZERO.

Fittie is a beautiful wee part of aberdeen and you will have no hassle from there.....Just stay away from anyone who asks you if you want to earn £25* for 2 minutes work lol

Pay is subject to change* ;)

me and my friend once got asked if we were looking for business when we were walking down the harbour, i wasn't sure whether to be flattered or offended.

The harbour is probably one of the safest places in town... How many muggings beatings stabbing or the like do you hear coming from the harbour ZERO.

Fittie is a beautiful wee part of aberdeen and you will have no hassle from there.....Just stay away from anyone who asks you if you want to earn £25* for 2 minutes work lol

Pay is subject to change* ;)

Not 23' date=' 14/15[/color']

Ace. Thanks people.

Yeah, I know I'm a complete wuss - but to be fair I'm not exactly tough or intimidating... add to that a healthy dose of paranoia. Fittie is perfectly nice and from the office I get a nice view of the sea + beach. It's just getting here that I'm not uber keen on. I'm going to do a bus hunt after work and see what the deal is.

Wear a big hoodie and headphones and sing along loudly and off key. In between songs stuff your mouth with jelly cubes as if you haven't eaten in days, and then start singing again, maybe spitting shreds of jelly here and there.

Wear a big hoodie and headphones and sing along loudly and off key. In between songs stuff your mouth with jelly cubes as if you haven't eaten in days' date=' and then start singing again, maybe spitting shreds of jelly here and there.[/quote']Ive got this mental image of Sharon walkign down the street in singing really stupoidly throwing jelly babies in ehr mouth, and im pissing myself at work and now everyone in this building thinks im weird. but its ace.

Ive got this mental image of Sharon walkign down the street in singing really stupoidly throwing jelly babies in ehr mouth' date=' and im pissing myself at work and now everyone in this building thinks im weird. but its ace.[/quote']

you mean everone in the building didnt think you were weird before man?

you could stand on the corner until you get enough money for a taxi.

(p.s, that is indeed a joke ,a bad one at that, and not an attempt to cause offence). :princess:

I found the bus btw. It was the 14 and I can get it on Queen's road and it drops me off right outside the office. Sadly only every 30 minutes but it just means I have to arrive at the stop uber early to be sure I don't miss it :) Took me less than 30 minutes from door to door. Kapow!

hahahahaha, i just got the mental image at home now. Im so fucing happy. Next time I see you sharon, IM gonna do it, probabaly not with jelly babies, but I'll cum on some peanuts and do it that way.

That is because so much goes unreported. Often for the obvious reason that participants don't want to crow about who they are preying-on or what they are getting up to. Part of my last job included bailing-out/dealing with the aftermath of assaults on a number of our clients on a near daily basis. Stabbing was a surprisingly common event. :(

Fraid so. :(

Pocra Quay/Fittie isn't the worst. Some of the streets between there & town can be pretty bad tho. My ex worked in an office on one of them & had to deal with guys pulling-up to make offers on a regular basis when going too & fro.

I also shared a flat in the harbour area a few years back & that was a constantly surprising experience.