aberdeen-music

shock horror

Stripey

'Dr' John Reid has a lot to answer for. The cunt.

That's got nothing to do with John Reid at all. It's all to do with narrow minded cunts who immediately think that anyone from an Arab area is a terrorist.

I'd charge all those twats on the basis of racism, shove them in prison with a few terrorists for a day or two.

That's got nothing to do with John Reid at all. It's all to do with narrow minded cunts who immediately think that anyone from an Arab area is a terrorist.

I'd charge all those twats on the basis of racism' date=' shove them in prison with a few terrorists for a day or two.[/quote']

You don't think reids pronouncements about "islamic fascists" and his speeches lately could have possibly whipped up some racist sentiment and xenophobic paranoia then?

How would you describe them?

I see them as Islamic extremists who've taken the Qu'ran the wrong way. People should have the common sense to understand that Islam isn't a violent religion (it's been mentioned on the news plently of times).

The people on the plane, from my viewpoint, already had racist tendencies before any of this plane terror stuff happened.

The people on the plane' date=' from my viewpoint, already had racist tendencies before any of this plane terror stuff happened.[/quote']

I don't believe that is strictly true, infact I can completely understand how the average person who reads the papers and watches TV news could develop a fear of asian/arabic men speaking a foreign language in the public transport context.

I don't believe that is strictly true' date=' infact I can completely understand how the average person who reads the papers and watches TV news could develop a fear of asian/arabic men speaking a foreign language in the public transport context.[/quote']

I wouldn't of thought this to be an average response by the general public at all....well I hope not anyway. If it is then it won't be long until we start banning Middle Eastern types from travelling with us average types at all. Why take the risk eh?

Sure, its reasonable for the 'average person' to develop a fear on the back of heightened terrorist threat, but not over where someone is perceived to come from or what language they speak.

Since when did authority start pandering to the fickle mob anyway, why was it the middle eastern men who were made to get off and miss that flight. Surely this sets a bad example and endorses the allegation.

It nots really that controversial for a middle eastern person to speak arabic to another, or for someone to wear a jacket on a potentially over air conditioned plane. Bearing in mind they're probably from a hot climate.