aberdeen-music

Power Metal

Fraser Shredwards

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey bass dude didn't know you guys were still going about!!!

Still no luck finding another drummer? :S if you do let me know and we'll stick on a gig together!

actually Fraser I'm very tempted by your idea but I am already in a band so that would be my first priority... also I'd only really be interested if you found more people to play in the band! Ascension currently play quite heavy power metal (Blind Guardian/Iced Earth kindaish) so a cheesy power metal band (Hammerfall, Gamma Ray, Strato) would be an awesome contrast for the scene!

I checked out Acension, good stuff:up: everwicked sound awesome aswell. the only power metal band i was really aware of was Black Atom but yea im definetly more inclined to the cheesy side of power metal or "sword metal" as some people say. i just try to make things as catchy and epic as i can, i've written some awesome songs i just want to get recorded. That everwicked guitarist slot sounds intriquing...

ah yeah Black Atom are a good metal band but I wouldn't say they were a Power Metal band - infact they themselves would say "god damn it we ain't power metal" haha...

With Everwicked down Ascension are lonely power metallers in the Aberdeen scene... :(

That's cool... I love Hammerfall, Strato, etc - whereas Gregor (other guitarist) preferes heavier prog stuff like BG, SymphonyX, Nevermore, etc which makes for a really cool clash of styles in our writing!

hey i might be able to play bass for you' date=' or at least come and record some bass for you. I play in a few bands already so commitment might be an issue, but aye i love power metal especially of the sword and sorcery side. tell me what you think.[/quote']

Hey man, have you heard of us (ascension)??

We are trying to find all the closet Power Metellers in Aberdeen! We know you are there but you don't know we are here lol!!

www.myspace.com/ascensionbanduk

2 gigs coming up so come check us out!!!