aberdeen-music

I'm a Guitarist/Vocalist...

Old Gold

I dread to think who may reply to this, but y'never know... I might hit a winner.

I play guitar (fender strat single coils mostly), and I'm a pretty decent singer.

I can play a variety of stuff, ranging from gypsy jazz acoustic to nice crunchy riffage. I'm not speedy on the lead, but I'm not into churning out thrash metal anyway.

The sort of band I'd be into joining would be at least in part influenced by any of the following: (international) Noise Conspiracy, Tom Waits, Death Cab For Cutie, Dinosaur Jr, Echo and the Bunnymen, Crash test Dummies, Polyphonic Spree, Sublime, Elvis Costello, Rufio, Jetplane Landing, Nightmare of You, Rancid.

(Don't get me wrong, I like many other styles of music. This is just the kind of stuff I'd be interested in playing right now).

Ideally I'd want to join a band that's already formed and slightly experienced. I've had a spot of bad luck with forming bands lately, and need someone else taking the reins for a change.

More personal information: I'm 19, an English Lit student (lots of time on my hands), live in Aberdeen 100% of the year pretty much.

Any other questions, give us a quick bell. Cheers :gringo:

• 4 weeks later...

yo dude, i'm lookin to set-up a band, and need a vocalist and the 2nd guitar thing could also help. Mainly looking to play orginal material and get signed and make loads of DOUGH. My main influences are: Thin Lizzy, The Fratellis, The Kooks. No need to worry about making songs as I am pretty good at that, i reckon...and have also been told so, just need lyrics and a vocalist to completely re-shape the world (I HOPE). So u interested, i've already got a drummer on-board (i think). Also don't worry about my tender age of 15, i'm a solid lead guitarist, and unlike some other folk makin bands i can make real music. anyway peace out