aberdeen-music

Chicks on Speed DJ set tonight

Guest neil ex

Tickets were 6.50 in advance but it was supposed to be a tenner on the door. I think however after 12.30 it became free on the door as the place fulled up with some right random f_cking neds and @rseholes, who would never have payed money to get in surely?!

Im not being a snob here, Snafu is great bolthole away from cuntsville but cuntsville got in on saturday it seems

Dodgy door policy IMO....place got way too busy and the cool atmosphere went downhill post 1am due to no one being able to move / people staring each other out / people getting pissed off cos they couldnt move or get served at the bar / pissed women going woo ah woo ah and then lying on the floor screaming/crying......etc

Atmosphere on the dancefloor was good but later on the rest of the clud started to resemble Drummonds on a cheap lager promotion night.

I almost got in a fight after two tatooed skin heads thought it would be a good idea to ''push me around'' while I was carrying drinks from the bar...still I never spilt any and rose above the provocation despite being rather fuelled up myself.

Inspired DJ set (despite technical glitches) from COS though and an excellent night up to when the rabble arrived.

Im not being a snob here' date=' Snafu is great bolthole away from cuntsville but cuntsville got in on saturday it seems

[/quote']

erm .yes you are! i went along about midnight, paid 6 on the door, thought it was rubbish and left about 40 mins later, didnt really give it a chance I suppose - so yeah if somethings THAT bad.too busy,the people arent to your taste, then you can leave. think your post is pretty offensive. whats cuntsville ?

erm .yes you are! i went along about midnight' date=' paid 6 on the door, thought it was rubbish and left about 40 mins later, didnt really give it a chance I suppose - so yeah if somethings THAT bad.too busy,the people arent to your taste, then you can leave. think your post is pretty offensive. whats cuntsville ?[/quote']

Nothing snobby about not wanting to hang around in a club where theres screaming, spewing girls and lads purely looking for aggro.....just common sense. I would have gone to Liquid if thats the type of night I was looking for. Whats offensive about that?

Im sure I said it was an excellent nite. As soon as it went tits up we left.

Snafu is normally excellent. Thats the point Im making. If it degenerates to the same level as most of the towns clubs it will be a shame.

Tickets were 6.50 in advance but it was supposed to be a tenner on the door. I think however after 12.30 it became free on the door as the place fulled up with some right random f_cking neds and @rseholes' date=' who would never have payed money to get in surely?!

Im not being a snob here, Snafu is great bolthole away from cuntsville but cuntsville got in on saturday it seems

Dodgy door policy IMO....place got way too busy and the cool atmosphere went downhill post 1am due to no one being able to move / people staring each other out / people getting pissed off cos they couldnt move or get served at the bar / pissed women going woo ah woo ah and then lying on the floor screaming/crying......etc

Atmosphere on the dancefloor was good but later on the rest of the clud started to resemble Drummonds on a cheap lager promotion night.

I almost got in a fight after two tatooed skin heads thought it would be a good idea to ''push me around'' while I was carrying drinks from the bar...still I never spilt any and rose above the provocation despite being rather fuelled up myself.

Inspired DJ set (despite technical glitches) from COS though and an excellent night up to when the rabble arrived.[/quote']

Can honestly say Snafu will never be degenerating to the level of some other clubs in town. This is because I have a pretty big say in whether it does or not!

We have a really good door policy, but unless people are agro when they come to the door, you have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and not judge on appearance. Fair enough if you walk up to the door wearing a tinky trackie and looking like a junkie, there's no way on earth you're getting into Snafu. Being realistic, a mix of various types of people and alcohol can sometimes be a bad combination, but I can say from experience, Snafu is one of the most trouble-free clubs in Aberdeen. Sometimes you get one of those nights when a couple of folk are in the mood for aggro, and it's just unlucky it can all kick off on the same night. We threw a lot of people out that night. You might argue if they never got in, they couldn't have started the trouble, but again, we give the benefit of the doubt.

I can't personally vouch that 380 people I don't know are going to behave themselves when drinking. I can vouch that if anyone is out of order, they're getting binned straight away. You could always have a word in the ear of security and they could decide what action to take with the likes of said skinheads. Obviously this would be discreet with no comeback on yourself.

We charged up until 2.30am, and the guestlist was suprisingly small that night, so everyone payed their cash. It was supposed to be 12/10 on the door, but out of the two that were coming, one of them was going to miss their connecting flight from Germany because of the UK airport shenanigans, so we kept it at 6.50.

Can honestly say Snafu will never be degenerating to the level of some other clubs in town. This is because I have a pretty big say in whether it does or not!

We have a really good door policy' date=' but unless people are agro when they come to the door, you have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and not judge on appearance. Fair enough if you walk up to the door wearing a tinky trackie and looking like a junkie, there's no way on earth you're getting into Snafu. Being realistic, a mix of various types of people and alcohol can sometimes be a bad combination, but I can say from experience, Snafu is one of the most trouble-free clubs in Aberdeen. Sometimes you get one of those nights when a couple of folk are in the mood for aggro, and it's just unlucky it can all kick off on the same night. We threw a lot of people out that night. You might argue if they never got in, they couldn't have started the trouble, but again, we give the benefit of the doubt.

I can't personally vouch that 380 people I don't know are going to behave themselves when drinking. I can vouch that if anyone is out of order, they're getting binned straight away. You could always have a word in the ear of security and they could decide what action to take with the likes of said skinheads. Obviously this would be discreet with no comeback on yourself.

We charged up until 2.30am, and the guestlist was suprisingly small that night, so everyone payed their cash. It was supposed to be 12/10 on the door, but out of the two that were coming, one of them was going to miss their connecting flight from Germany because of the UK airport shenanigans, so we kept it at 6.50.[/quote']

Good to hear cos I know thats how you guys operate, its obvious from the majority of nights of Snafu that you know exactly what you want. Glad to hear a few of the ''unruly types'' saw the exit door like. Im used to going along expecting an excellent product of a night out and was just a bit freaked at some punters antics, that didnt exactly add to the general coolness of the evening. I shall re-iterate again it was still a very excellent night overall despite a few WTF moments.

Its also very true that a fairly wide ''mix'' of people types an booze can trigger some odd behaviour also, as you say. I do recall a few folk saying that on the night, even before Id noticed.

No doubt at all that Snafu is easily the best club around by a long way IMO.