aberdeen-music

Tool 10,000 days jap import

rune

Oh yes this release is incredible, the sound quality is outstanding and way improved over the original release(not if you have tin ears and a shit audio system though)

Very collectable with extra bits included with the cover :)

Oh god i love this cd even more now :)

Oh yes this release is incredible' date=' the sound quality is outstanding and way improved over the original release(not if you have tin ears and a shit audio system though)

Very collectable with extra bits included with the cover :)

Oh god i love this cd even more now :)[/quote']

is that your opinion or did you steal it from this comment on amazon.com?

Reviewer: Adolph Buddha (Elmira, New York United States) - See all my reviews

I fully agree with the reviewer who said that the import (Japan) version of this title sounded better (thanks for the "heads up"). I can only think that the other reviewer who stated that it couldn't be better because it was the same thing either 1. has a crappy sound system, 2. has a tin ear, or 3. has never listened to a GOOD import cd. The Japanese DO make the BEST sounding cds....PERIOD! I'm listening to 10,000 days as I write this and it is FANTASTIC! Yes, I have the domestic release of 10,000 days and it is going on Ebay.The Japanese are obsessed with music and demand top quality, a trait that American music companies and the American public do NOT share. Ever heard the initial American pressings of Born To Run or Aqualung? If you have you will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.I have just ordered the limited edition Japanese releases of Anemia, Undertow and Lateralus. IF you want to hear Tool at their VERY best... BUY THESE while you still can! I also just got tickets for their Wilkes-Barre show... Hope to see you there!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EPFPVU/104-2290765-6895151?v=glance&n=5174

is that your opinion or did you steal it from this comment on amazon.com?

Reviewer: Adolph Buddha (Elmira' date=' New York United States) - See all my reviews

I fully agree with the reviewer who said that the import (Japan) version of this title sounded better (thanks for the "heads up"). I can only think that the other reviewer who stated that it couldn't be better because it was the same thing either [b']1. has a crappy sound system, 2. has a tin ear, or 3. has never listened to a GOOD import cd. The Japanese DO make the BEST sounding cds....PERIOD! I'm listening to 10,000 days as I write this and it is FANTASTIC! Yes, I have the domestic release of 10,000 days and it is going on Ebay.The Japanese are obsessed with music and demand top quality, a trait that American music companies and the American public do NOT share. Ever heard the initial American pressings of Born To Run or Aqualung? If you have you will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.I have just ordered the limited edition Japanese releases of Anemia, Undertow and Lateralus. IF you want to hear Tool at their VERY best... BUY THESE while you still can! I also just got tickets for their Wilkes-Barre show... Hope to see you there!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EPFPVU/104-2290765-6895151?v=glance&n=5174

LOL LOL LOLZORDS

Japanese releases do tend to be much better than European and American releases, as a lot of them brand extra tracks and content as well as higher quality tracks. Only thing is, Japanese releases can get ridiculously expensive for certain artists. Mew's Japanese release of 'Frengers' for example has two extra tracks, OBI strip etc. along with a special inlay, and you are looking for that to cost at least £40-£50. They released an excellent Japanese-only track called 'I Should Have Been A Tsin-Tsi (For You)', which is a pity, as it is not a B-side anywhere else.

Japanese releases do tend to be much better than European and American releases' date=' as a lot of them brand extra tracks and content as well as higher quality tracks. Only thing is, Japanese releases can get ridiculously expensive for certain artists. Mew's Japanese release of 'Frengers' for example has two extra tracks, OBI strip etc. along with a special inlay, and you are looking for that to cost at least 40-50. They released an excellent Japanese-only track called 'I Should Have Been A Tsin-Tsi (For You)', which is a pity, as it is not a B-side anywhere else.[/quote']

40 to 50?

Dunno where you shop but i just spent 30 seconds looking for that and found it for 14.62 on amazon

Japanese imports are piss easy to get hold of nowadays - anyone spending more than 20 maximum is just a mug.

I'd like to get back to that comment of Rune's (or the bloke he stole it from) - can someone give me a reason that why Japanese CDs are better sound quality (and i'm looking for a link to some websites with proof on them)?

40 to 50?

Dunno where you shop but i just spent 30 seconds looking for that and found it for 14.62 on amazon

Japanese imports are piss easy to get hold of nowadays - anyone spending more than 20 maximum is just a mug.

I'd like to get back to that comment of Rune's (or the bloke he stole it from) - can someone give me a reason that why Japanese CDs are better sound quality (and i'm looking for a link to some websites with proof on them)?

you trust the internaught?

japanese bands cds are exspensive as hell

but japenese releases of uk/american bands are only exspensive if the cd was a limited release with bonus tracks

otherwise in the money game the cd hasd just the same value near enough (that make sense)

haha the borg!

but japenese releases of uk/american bands are only exspensive if the cd was a limited release with bonus tracks

otherwise in the money game the cd hasd just the same value near enough (that make sense)

that's my opinion as well - i wouldn't buy it unless there was extra tracks... actually, fuck that - i'd get the tracks elsewhere and get the UK cd or whatever. in fact, last Jap import I got was Primal Scream "live In Japan" and that was only 15.

i'm just wondering why the guy bought the 10,000 days CD when there's no extra tracks or anything. The whole "it's got better sound" thing was the comment that made me wonder if he was just trying to justify, in his own mind, shelling out twice the price for a CD that has no real difference.

well apparently the crazy packeging is even crazier (big fuckin whoop really) and as for the sound quality, thats something the band may have chosen to do since the delay in the release over there gave them more time to become one with the album and got it re-mixed (with fancy eq's and what not)

i dunno but its bullshit that japenese releases have better sound quality (until prooven guilty)

well apparently the crazy packeging is even crazier (big fuckin whoop really) and as for the sound quality' date=' thats something the band may have chosen to do since the delay in the release over there gave them more time to become one with the album and got it re-mixed (with fancy eq's and what not)

i dunno but its bullshit that japenese releases have better sound quality (until prooven guilty)[/quote']

yeah, sounds bollocks to me as well.........

Too all non constructive bolloks posted by fools' date=' here you go proof that i do own it. so what if i used other peoples words. Doesnt make me bad. Busted? I think not :)

[img']http://www.mega-file.net/photo/view.php?img=4513ac45afc7fb09b40967bc7c6b5b1c

LOL

I don't really care wether or not you own it, but how does that photo prove that you do? It's just a big blur.

A kiss for all u haterz:

326277174_l.jpg

I am Rune hear me roar blurphishy!

Nobody denies that you own it. Just nobody cares.

LOL, whats wrong still got a frog in your throat from the last falling out ;)

I can move on you cant, you dont see me flaming your posts, GROW UP :)

Your claims are bullshit, hence their have been constructive posts on this thread. Read first, or is that too hard ;)

Omg you are so funny! So tell me thurisaz, where in my original post when i stated and tried to inform people of this new release does it state that i required negative feedback?

It doesn't but you are just too stupid to think otherwise :)

Hehe i wish i had the intelligence you did

LOL' date=' whats wrong still got a frog in your throat from the last falling out ;)

I can move on you cant, you dont see me flaming your posts, GROW UP :)

Your claims are bullshit, hence their have been constructive posts on this thread. Read first, or is that too hard ;)

Omg you are so funny! So tell me thurisaz, where in my original post when i stated and tried to inform people of this new release does it state that i required negative feedback?

It doesn't but you are just too stupid to think otherwise :)

Hehe i wish i had the intelligence you did[/quote']calm down love. you'll get a nosebleed.

this has nothing to do with the last falling out. the fact is, nobody denies that you own it. they never did. and you went and posted a photo, for some unknown reason.

which was followed by

I don't really care wether or not you own it
so like I said.....nobody cares.

I wonder if there's a message board such as www.tokyo-music.com where some Tool fanatic is posting a message boasting of buying a UK import of "10,000 Days" then spending the rest of the thread trying to justify the high price he paid for something exactly the same as is available domestically? (except his one has weird English lettering on it)?

I wonder if there's a message board such as www.tokyo-music.com where some Tool fanatic is posting a message boasting of buying a UK import of "10' date='000 Days" then spending the rest of the thread trying to justify the high price he paid for something exactly the same as is available domestically? (except his one has weird English lettering on it)?[/quote']

Fucking hell, I just clicked on my invented link and it actually exists.

I can't be arsed looking but if anyone finds a thread started by "Lune" then let me know.

It's got to be better than actually listening to Tool. I'd rather have the Japanese import though.