aberdeen-music

Bass Player Looking To Form Band

John Cope

Bass player seeks musicians and vocalists to collaborate with, to cover material from late 70s to date; post-punk, new-wave, mod-revivalists, ska/two-tone, indie, madchester, britpop. The stuff I grew up/old with. Drummer on board, but looking for guitarist(s) and a keyboard player, plus someone to do the singing bit. Any takers?

Hi John

This sounds like a very interesting project. I'm between bands at the moment. My previous band broke up when the bassist f*cked off leaving keef (the lead guitarist) and myself out of a job, but I expect all bass guitarists aren't like that.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
Hi John

This sounds like a very interesting project. I'm between bands at the moment. My previous band broke up when the bassist f*cked off leaving keef (the lead guitarist) and myself out of a job' date=' but I expect all bass guitarists aren't like that.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ron[/quote']

Now, now, Mr Ise, we both know that a couple of slapheads were responsible for the collapse of our fine ensemble.

hey' date=' i am a female vocalist interested getting a bit of a band together; i sing and i have a mate who is pretty handy with a guitar...[/quote']

At last, a proper reply, and not one from those cheeky scamps/b*st*rds that I used to be in a band with. Unless of course, lamb, you are Mr Ise going through his cross-dressing phase - again. Nah, surely not.

Anyway, lamb, you've seen the type of material I'm looking to do; is any of this your, and your guitarist mate's, thing? Favourite bands include The Jam, Stone Roses, Blur, Arctic Monkeys, Editors, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, The Smiths, The Chords, Inspiral Carpets....the list is endless, but I've got to get back to work. If you fancy, we could pick a handful of songs, and go into Captain Toms and jam them, and see where things go from there; let me know.

Hi John

I've been on holiday. Your response confuses me but never mind.

How are you getting on with your new project? I can cross dress if you like. It is an unusual requiremnet though. We never did that sort of thing in my last band.

We could do some Blondie numbers, that would be nice.

Ron