aberdeen-music

where have the blue ones gone eeeeeeeh?

fi_miller

well now, whats going on??? the new smarties advert clearly states that there is noooooooo blue smarties! either that, or there is only artificial preservatives in the blue ones. what is the world coming to?! not as distressing as having to watch the 'Frosties' advert all the way through but distressing nonetheless.

Fi

I remember that!

I adored the ones with shades. I convinced myself that they tasted better.

They did taste better' date=' but they were purple and not blue like I remembered according to the Smarties tube geek:

SPECIAL EDITION COOL DUDE smarties. The box had a purple lid, and the purple coloured smarties stood out from the other colours, as they had a smiley face with sun shades printed on one side. You could even collect 8 tokens to send off for your own shades.

The blue smarties made a lot of kids hyper and were no doubt the cause of bagful of complaints.

That's why they got rid of it and added the new marketing scheme "no artifical colours" so that parents would trust the Smarties brand again.

NO ARTIFICIAL COLOURS! WILL STILL MAKE YOUR KID FAT!

Seriously, does anyone actually know anyone who's been affected by artificial colouring?

Does anyone remember donkeys ago the special editon blue ones wearing sunglasses?

You could send off 3 tube lids for these cool as fuck wrap-arourd mirrored shades' date=' Must have been about 15 years ago.[/quote']

I sent away for those sunglasses, simply because I thought they'd make me look like Bret Hitman Hart.

Imagine my disaapointment,