aberdeen-music

Pittodrie Ticket Prices

Guest neil ex

Guest neil ex

After such a poor turn out for our first home game of the seaon (below last seasons average attendance), I ask if people would go to the football if it was cheaper to get in, and how much would people be willing to pay??

Current prices in the South and Richard Donald stands are 20 for adults and 15 for concessions.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last season I was watching Hearts for 10, there were about 500 tickets per game at that, another couple of thousand at 15, and premium seats at between 20 and 35. It was 15 for the away end. Dunfermline charged us a flat rate 23 for the first game of this season.

SPL prices (in general - Hearts have got it right) to watch what is generally pretty poor football are ridiculous. Anything over 15 is a rip off.

Jesus, while they're busy pocket raping Aberdeen fans where the fuck does all the money in Scottish football go? It certainly doesn't go on improving the level of football in this country, our youth development program is shit, there's more emphasis on getting ageing or second rate foreign players in (thats not meant in a xenophobic way btw as they do add a depth to the game). But surely there should be some sort of emphasis on making football in this country good, not lining the pockets of greedy board members/chairmen *cough Milne cough*

Guest Frieda

My Dad is coming home from Australia in November and me and him like to go see Aberdeen play but find it really hard to get tickets. Last time we had to lie and pretend we were someone who we didnt know in order to get their tickets.

Em, if your reading this, we are sorry we used your name to get the tickets, but it you didnt seem to be going anyway, and we paid for them Mr A. Whyte.....

Is there an easier way of obtaining them for me, my dad n brother?!

My Dad is coming home from Australia in November and me and him like to go see Aberdeen play but find it really hard to get tickets. Last time we had to lie and pretend we were someone who we didnt know in order to get their tickets.

Em' date=' if your reading this, we are sorry we used your name to get the tickets, but it you didnt seem to be going anyway, and we paid for them Mr A. Whyte.....

Is there an easier way of obtaining them for me, my dad n brother?![/quote']

phone the ticket office on 087 1983 1903 or go down on the day, usually there is a cash turnstile, unless it's against the Old Firm.

One of my mates went to see Bayern Munich, where the cost of the ticket was 6 - that included travel in the city for three hours before the game and three hours afterwards. Football in this country is so backward it's unbelievable.

Just came back from the beach also, where on a fine day like this, there is no where to sit and have a cold beer in the sunshine. Looks like backwardness is in the Scottish culture.

Just came back from the beach also' date=' where on a fine day like this, there is no where to sit and have a cold beer in the sunshine. [/quote']

Really? Do none of the cafe's serve beer?

If you go down to Stoney you can get a cold one from the ship or the marine and sit on the sea wall to drink it.

i think Pittodrie prices are expensive, but that's not the main issue.

people expect to be entertained when they go to watch the Dons, and that just never happens these days. OF games aside, when was the last time you felt truly satisfied with how the Dons played?

people dont turn up cos we're shite.

Guest Frieda

Aye, it wisna ciz it wiz full, just becuase it was like, hard to get tickets, which I thought wiz extremely pish like. They asked my Dad heaps of questions before they even considered giving him a ticket (over the phone) and thats why we had to do that.

They were playing Celtic, but I doubt that makes an odds does it?

They were playing Celtic' date=' but I doubt that makes an odds does it?[/quote']

well it does actually. If you're not on the database at pittodrie you can't buy tickets for certain games (old firm and dundee utd basically. maybe hearts as well these days). You can only get on the system by buying a ticket so if you want to go to the bigger matches you have to buy a ticket for shite like falkirk or dunfermline coming up first.

Guest neil ex
i think Pittodrie prices are expensive' date=' but that's not the main issue.

people expect to be entertained when they go to watch the Dons, and that just never happens these days. OF games aside, when was the last time you felt truly satisfied with how the Dons played?

people dont turn up cos we're shite.[/quote']

Yeah definitely.

Really? Do none of the cafe's serve beer?

If you go down to Stoney you can get a cold one from the ship or the marine and sit on the sea wall to drink it.

Had a quick wander by the cafes and didn't see anything on their menus. Chiquito's used to have outside seating but they seem to have got rid of it.

I dont think its a question of pricing.

It's more a question of entertainment.

I religously used to go to Pittodrie, and didn't care what the price was. I eventually clicked and have never been back.

Stewart Milne is holding out bid time on us fans.. If he threw some money into the squad, the fans would come back.. No matter what the price on the door!

Well I would at least. But as it stands, he is a scrooge who doesn't do enough for the team imo.