aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Lester Burnham

Windows Live Mail (Beta)

Righto... I just upgraded to, "Windows Live Mail (Beta)" from my standard 250Mb hotmail account. It gives you 2GB storage and keeps all your old crap from before.

It simulates an Outlook layout (which I see as a plus point) however, is it just me or is it really slow to load anything?

What does everyone else think of this? I assume everyone is is being offered the free upgrade too though I imagine it might be in phases like the 250Mb upgrade depending how old your original account was (mine is approx 9 years old).

I've had it for ages, it's a lot better than the old style in terms of the look and the way it works.

If it takes three days to check emails, I'd check your internet connection.

3 days? :(

It's taking about 2-3 minutes to load which is an eternity in the land of broadband. It also takes more time on top of that to open up mail and start to compose a new mail.

It appears to lack the problems of hotmail though (if you ignore all the waiting) so I suppose that's a positive.

I should really shift to gmail though.

It simulates an Outlook layout (which I see as a plus point) however' date=' is it just me or is it really slow to load anything?[/quote']

This is the way Microsoft wants everything to go. Expect web versions of Word, Excel etc before long. And then when everything is out of beta and everyone is using it then watch them slap on the subscription fees.

Personally, I use Terabolic for my web mail. Simple and secure - but not free.