aberdeen-music

Deadenstereo... and it's goodbye from us

chris h

Well, the time has come. Sad to announce that after almost six years of practising, touring, recording, travelling in dangerous vans and partying deadenstereo have decided to call it a day.

We'll be playing our final gig at bannermans in Edinburgh on Friday 25th August. We're also going to give away a bunch of 'career spanning' retrospective CDs (I'm sure if anyone from here wanted one that could be arranged).

All that remains is to say a huge thank you on behalf of the whole band, members past and present, to everyone in Aberdeen for making us feel very welcome and for making that torrid drive seem so worthwhile (even in the van!). Personally, it always gave me great pleasure to play in my home town and to receive such a good response. Aberdeen is the best place to gig in Scotland. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Extra special thanks to Fudge, Dr Drakes, The Moorings, AUBL, and everyone who came along and said nice things about us.

It's 1.30pm, I'm drunk... this is the end.

We love you all.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear that - bloody coincidence as it's one of the few times I'm on this site and I see this post?! Hope it's just a short break - I really enjoyed your CDs, videos (yes, I've seen it - Jon posted me a link earlier in the year) and the few gigs I saw.

All the best to everyone,

Ian

Hi Chris' date='

Sorry to hear that - bloody coincidence as it's one of the few times I'm on this site and I see this post?! Hope it's just a short break - I really enjoyed your CDs, videos (yes, I've seen it - Jon posted me a link earlier in the year) and the few gigs I saw.

All the best to everyone,

Ian[/quote']

Cheers Ian, glad to hear you're still alive and well! I'm getting married and moving abroad for a while, and the others have some new projects going on, so I think we've reached the end of the line for the foreseeable future...

How's things anyway? Are you still recording? Any new stuff in the pipeline? Haven't seen you on here for ages (mind you, I haven't been on here much myslf!)

We'll be playing our final gig at bannermans in Edinburgh on Friday 25th August. We're also going to give away a bunch of 'career spanning' retrospective CDs (I'm sure if anyone from here wanted one that could be arranged).

I'll be at Reading festival but would be interested in CDs...

Disappointing I won't see you guys again though. I'm sure the future holds interesting projects. :)

Ha Ha - Emotional? You pussy assed bitch!

I will be back at my spiritual home The Moorings sometime soon with my heavy metal band - Longhorn! So' date=' you guys won't be missing out on the Cuntkicker!

Gotta get our cover of Godzilla sorted now, later.....[/quote']

fox shake...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

*unashamed bump*

The two Phoenix like musical forces rising from the ashes of deadenstereo (To The Rescue and Longhorn) are playing the Moorings on Sat 9th of Dec - only £3!

We probably won't be doing deadenstereo requests though...

Actually, having said that, I suppose it all depends on how drunk we get.