aberdeen-music

xbox 360 (future or present) owners read me

ZeromiserY

Heh' date=' what a knob.[/quote']

i merely offer a service. i dont force it upon anyone.

there are a lot of people who cannot afford to replace £50 games because their baby boy/girl likes to pull them out of their cases and put their greasy hands all over the read-side of the disc. or any other accidental damage that may happen to it.

i dont sell copied games.

it is their choice to break the law or not.

your comments are not appreciated:down:

Oh aye' date=' just for that reason, wonder what else a chipped 360 could play?![/quote']

it essentially makes your xbox region free. so you can play ntsc games or dvds on it. also VCD's etc. thusly, you can buy games from the U.S or Japan and have them before their UK release date. again, not illegal

wat prices u doing chipped 360's for?..Meaning how much for a 360 and chip?

i dont chip the 360.

xbox 360, prepared to play backed up games,region free. depends on what package you want, premium or core

and a note on the side, if you want to back up your games you will need additional software which can be downloaded free online. i can help you with that if you need it.

you will also need a dual layer dvd burner

i dont chip the 360.

xbox 360' date=' prepared to play backed up games,region free. depends on what package you want, premium or core

and a note on the side, if you want to back up your games you will need additional software which can be downloaded free online. i can help you with that if you need it.

you will also need a dual layer dvd burner[/quote']

ok. for a start, I can't imagine the market in selling chipped x-boxes just to play backups is that high so dont act like you have no idea that people buying your wares are going to break the law with them. Still you're not breaking the law 8) you're just providing the means for others to do it.

secondly, i'm pretty sure playing games from other regions may not be strictly illegal but it's frowned upon and it's only a matter of time till the big guns crack down on it.

in my experience the sort of chipping that people such as yourself do with consoles can lead to problems. it also voids any warranty that comes with the machine. so if you fuck it up (not saying you will just saying if) then your customers don't have a leg to stand on.

one last note. the 360 has a massive range of games that are free to download from x-box live. many of these are bedroom coded etc and in my experience can often be better than the games available in the shops. (nothing really to do with what we're talking about but i thought people would like to know.)

one last note. the 360 has a massive range of games that are free to download from x-box live. many of these are bedroom coded etc and in my experience can often be better than the games available in the shops. (nothing really to do with what we're talking about but i thought people would like to know.)

i didnt deny people can break the law with the service i offer. but its none of my business what they do with it. smoking kills you know, but does the tobacco industry care that i'm killing myself with their product? no

fair enough. but the tobacco industry isn't allowed to advertise in print' date=' online or on tv anymore so why should you be allowed to advertise your questionable wares on a public website?[/quote']

Car manufacturers advertise in print, online and on the tv. Most cars are capable of going over the speed limit. Doesn't mean the car company is breaking the law when the owner drives over the speed limit. Get off your high horse.

fair enough. but the tobacco industry isn't allowed to advertise in print' date=' online or on tv anymore so why should you be allowed to advertise your public wares on a questionable website?[/quote']

im not the tobacco industry

and if neil or any of the moderators are unhappy about it im sure they will close the thread and/or remove it

Car manufacturers advertise in print' date=' online and on the tv. Most cars are capable of going over the speed limit. Doesn't mean the car company is breaking the law when the owner drives over the speed limit. Get off your high horse.[/quote']

get off my high horse? how about sticking the high horse up your arse?

I'm trying to make a point, the point being that this dude is trying to make money selling merchandise which to be honest is not worth buying. more than the piracy thing, what happens if someone buys a 360 from this guy then a year down the line it fucks up (for whatever reason). if it was a 360 from a shop you could send it back to microsoft where it would be fixed or replaced. in this case the customer would have a rather attractive book end because microsoft sure as shit aren't going to do anything with it if you've tampered with the insides.

how's that for a high horse?

Guest Craig C

Can I just ask - how much does it cost to fix or replace an XBox, or even a PS2?

I don't own a console of any description, although I'm thinking about buying one.

I'm trying to make a point' date=' the point being that this dude is trying to make money selling merchandise which to be honest is not worth buying. more than the piracy thing, what happens if someone buys a 360 from this guy then a year down the line it fucks up (for whatever reason). if it was a 360 from a shop you could send it back to microsoft where it would be fixed or replaced. in this case the customer would have a rather attractive book end because microsoft sure as shit aren't going to do anything with it if you've tampered with the insides.

how's that for a high horse?[/quote']

faggot :)

Can I just ask - how much does it cost to fix or replace an XBox' date=' or even a PS2?

I don't own a console of any description, although I'm thinking about buying one.[/quote']

the cost to replace one is the cost of buying a new one (or 2nd hand if you'll go down that route) . i used to sell the things so if you want any advice of any kind feel free to pm me

I'm trying to make a point' date=' the point being that this dude is trying to make money selling merchandise which to be honest is not worth buying. more than the piracy thing, what happens if someone buys a 360 from this guy then a year down the line it fucks up (for whatever reason). if it was a 360 from a shop you could send it back to microsoft where it would be fixed or replaced. in this case the customer would have a rather attractive book end because microsoft sure as shit aren't going to do anything with it if you've tampered with the insides.

how's that for a high horse?[/quote']

if you manage to ruin a lot of games it is certainly worth it. if you want your 360 to do more for you its more than worth it.

if its a year down the line then its already out of warranty.