aberdeen-music

Elvisness this Saturday - Baby Karma, Bill Ely & the Catnips, Kill Baby...Kill plus..

Jamie

Elvisness feat King Voodoo+The Epics +Baby Karma+Tupelo Town Assembly+Bill Ely & the Catnips+Finniston+Kill Baby...Kill+Emma Foreman+Dave Dixon (compere)

Saturday 19th August

10 (6.75 concessions and Regulars)

Doors open: 8.30pm Show starts: 9pm

Yet another night to remember is in prospect for all music fans and not just loyal subjects of The King as we present our annual celebration of the music of the man who invented rock'n'roll. It's a typically eclectic Elvisness lineup with perennial rockabilly rebels King Voodoo delivering their superb appreciation alongside classic rock'n'roll from The Epics, acoustic sweetness from Finniston, and something a little more left-field from Baby Karma, Kill Baby...Kill and Bill Ely and the Catnips.

God dammit! Do I go to this or go to the Tunnels?! I hate it when this happens...

I too am biased and another reason to go is to watch the horrified Elvis nuts 'not' getting the interpretations by the artists, or has it improved since the early days?

The Tupelo lot (us) are sounding rather good. Three way vox to die for! I have probably just jinxed ito_O

Nah!

Gonna be a rather good evening me thinks!

That true. I have been warned that many bands get boo'd by the Elvisheads. I think our butchering ala Kraftwerk robotic shall get a few boo's but meh' date=' that's half the appeal of playing. :)

It seems we've managed to turn "Can't help falling in love" into a threat rather than a beautiful love song.:p

I look forward to hearing Tupelo as the line-up sounds a tad lush.[/quote']

Hehehe

Wee Amy surrounded by a burl!

When Atom Flask played years and years and years ago it was to half a room of nodding heads and half a room of teary eyed open jawed badge wearing fan(atic)s. I think some alomost had a breakdown at our psychedelic guitar driven-drum n bass-rock n roll wigouts with a posturing, and injured, 'I'm greater then Elvis' frontman.

I wish I had been there to see it!

Can't wait.

I'm liking the 'love song as threat' idea.

Look out in the P&J on saturday for Elvisness connected fun. By fun I mean Steve and I staring into a lense.

We're not on a 10:30pm. Good treat. I may have a spare guestlist place going... if I do... and you want to go then I will ask a question and if you answer it correctly you'll get in.

I'll have to see if I do. I'll confirm before GMTV is finished tomorrow.

Spare guest list space? 'Lester No Mates!';):kiss:

anyone got an old frying pan ?, if you have , take it along and I'll do a solo using it and the bus shelter outside the Lemon Tree - the more pans - the greater the Pop gun assasins performance - people of a nervous disposition, heart problems, or ladies wanting to retain dryness in the pants area are well advised to stay well clear -there winna be a dry seat in the hoose, cheers , The Popgun assasin

I'm looking forward to seeing how this two stage set-up works.

Yup.

Running order is as follows...

20.30 Doors

21.10 Dave Dixon (Wee stage)

21.20 The Epics (Main Stage)

22.00 Dave Dixon (Wee stage)

22.10 Finniston (Wee stage)

22.30 Kill Baby Kill (Main Stage)

22.50 DJ

23.10 Bill Ely & Catnips (Wee stage)

23.25 Tupelo Town Assembly (Main Stage)

23.45 Dave Dixon (Wee Stage)

23.55 Emma Forman (Wee stage)

00.10 King Voodoo (Main Stage)

c.12.45am Finish/DJ

2am Curfew

My mum and dad were suppose to come but aren't now. I'm actually currently sitting with two guest list spaces and I'm clueless who to give them to.

Hello Sharon, fancy seeing you here? Up to much tomorrow night? I'm not. ;) Actually, to hell with 'subtlety', either of those two guest list spaces still free?

that was awesome... wasnt actually too keen on the other bands i saw... but kill baby...kill made my night... simply superb :up:

i really never imagined sharron would be able to sing like that! her voice was so cute :D

Another great Elvisness - wow - the bands and Dj were all great, and Dave Dixon was a star - I liked his corny joke about Bossanova. Doh! in all the excitement I forgot all about the T shirt, but had a great time afterwards watching The Wildcards at Drummonds and busking with Dod the piper on Union St.

I really do have to applaud the Lemon Tree for an excellent night - And all the acts involved that I caught. The two stage system worked exceptionally well, I thought - Full credit to Dave Dixon for making it flow so smoothly.

Highlights were Billy Ely, Kill Baby... Kill and Tupelo Town Assembly. David Lynch must have had a nagging feeling he was missing something when TTA were playing, and Andy Bass really should sing more often.

I agree, all the bands were great this year. As one of the Elvis die-hards (and this years DJ) I always look forward to hearing the different interpretations of the snarl-lipped one's work. This year I thought Bill Ely and Catnips slection was the best. "Yoga Is As Yoga Does" rocked my world.

Kill Baby Kill were interesting and brought a fresh perspective to some of my favourites and Tupelo Town Assembly gets a greasy thumbs up for getting down a dirty.

Most Elvis fans enjoy a good cover version and Saturday nights acts all did superbly without taking the p*** too much.

Thankfully there were no hackneyed old Elvis impersonators, who surely must be the saddest people on the planet. I like a laugh and don't mind Elvis getting pelters for some of his work. But Elvis wigs and jumpsuits from partymania leave me cold - these people probably never had an original thought in their life.