aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Youth Music Resource Guide

prof_lofi

Hi Everyone,

I've been hired as a Community Music Leader of Tillydrone. My job is to help support any young people wanting to get involved in music from Tilly.

I thought I might begin by putting together a "Music Resource Guide" that would be useful to ANY young person in Aberdeen. I'm planning on listing every service, project, venue, resource that I can think of, all divided into free/affordable/commercial categories (so that I can include as much as I can) etc.

Can anyone tell me any organizations that you think should be on the list (anywhere in Aberdeen)? What I'm thinking is: instruction, recording/rehearsing facilities, youth-friendly venues, equipment hire, cd/record stores etc.

Of course I do know alot of this, but thought various people on here might think of something I wouldn't. Also, if their contact info isn't easily available online, can you include that?

Thanks...when it's all done, I'll let everyone know. I'm hoping it can be a sort of directory of sorts for everyone, might even give it a page on my site or have it hosted somewhere.

Talk to you soon,

Bill

p.s. I think I'm sitting in with Simon Gall at Kefs Thursday night for some crazy experimental jazz in case anyone's about....