aberdeen-music

Drummonds on the 20th, whats on?

Teabags

Let's hope it IS' date=' I saw him a couple of weeks ago and he was awesome - he uses great pedals to build up an amazing sound + he is probably the best guitarist in Aberdeen.[/quote']

Really? He was absolute pish at Ma Simpson's thing in Stonehaven. He kept fucking up the timing of his pedals and his hammering/pulling off technique was rough as hell during solos. He finished with a promising cover of 'Freebird' and it was all going smoothly until he used that bloody pedal, resulting in this huge distorted mess which he then left running and walked off the stage. It was terrible. Pretty disappointing considering I had heard so much about him for years.

Really? He was absolute pish at Ma Simpson's thing in Stonehaven. He kept fucking up the timing of his pedals and his hammering/pulling off technique was rough as hell during solos. He finished with a promising cover of 'Freebird' and it was all going smoothly until he used that bloody pedal' date=' resulting in this huge distorted mess which he then left running and walked off the stage. It was terrible. Pretty disappointing considering I had heard so much about him for years.[/quote']

yeh he is actually really good we played tht ma simpsons thing and the sound was all over the fucking place it was like tht like the whole day!

Guest bluesxman
yeh he is actually really good we played tht ma simpsons thing and the sound was all over the fucking place it was like tht like the whole day!

I got dragged to that thing last year, given that it's a stage on a trailer in the middle of a large open park what do you expect? The sound can be shite at TITP etc with far more cash to spend on the sound arrangements so this is hardly going to be a monumental display of sound engineering.

I got dragged to that thing last year' date=' given that it's a stage on a trailer in the middle of a large open park what do you expect? The sound can be shite at TITP etc with far more cash to spend on the sound arrangements so this is hardly going to be a monumental display of sound engineering.[/quote']

i completely agree, and i think it's bloody good that ma simpsons puts on the gig and tries to get something going. Gerry was having an off day in my opinion, even from speaking to him you could see he wasn't bothered, but the sound is hard to control in that big park.

i completely agree' date=' and i think it's bloody good that ma simpsons puts on the gig and tries to get something going. Gerry was having an off day in my opinion, even from speaking to him you could see he wasn't bothered, but the sound is hard to control in that big park.[/quote']

It wasn't just the sound for the stage, I am talking about his playing technique. A lot of it was pish! He was playing rubato using an effects pedal to keep a rhythm going! That is a recipe for disaster. It sounded like kerry king let loose on a cheese wire.

I'm definitely gonna be there cos I haven't seen WJ in aaaaages.

Who else is playing for definite then?

Anybody tell me when the next Fuctoff gig is by the way? I wanna go see too!

wanna try and get fuctoff on this bill as we last 15 mins and could easy be added on.

Also shall star recording for both wj and Fx very soon. Possible name change for wj too sugestions this way.