aberdeen-music

Bert Jansch - for fans of Pentangle, Devendra Banhart, alt folk

Jamie

Bert Jansch's return to Aberdeen is definately one not to miss - Bert missed his annual show at The Lemon Tree due to ill health last year. In the interim the former Pentangle member has picked up a Mojo magazine life-time achievement award. At the ceremony Elton John revealed that he and song-writing partner Bernie Taupin were big fans (add him to Jimmy Page and Neil Young and you start to realise just how influential Bert has been). Bert also has a new album, entitled Black Swan set for release. It has been produced by Noah Georgson (Joanna Newsom, Devendra Banhart) and features guest appearances by Beth Orton, and future Lemon Tree guests Devendra Banhart and Otto Hauser (Vetiver).

Bert Jansch

Wednesday 23rd August

at The Lemon Tree

£13.50 (£9 concessions and Regulars)

Doors open: 7.30pm

Show starts: 8pm

Box office: 01224 642230

Bert Jansch's ground-breaking guitar playing, deeply affecting songwriting and dark, passionate voice have held audiences spellbound since the mid-sixties. Famously admired by Jimmy Page, Neil Young and Nick Drake, more recently young luminaries Noel Gallagher, Jarvis Cocker, Bernard Butler and Johnny Marr have paid homage to this unassuming but intensely revered master.

"As much of a great guitar player as Jimi (Hendrix) was, Bert Jansch is the same thing for acoustic guitar...and my favourite." Neil Young

"At one point, I was absolutely obsessed with Bert Jansch. When I first heard that LP [1965], I couldn't believe it. It was so far ahead of what everyone else was doing. No one in America could touch that." Jimmy Page