aberdeen-music

C4 Plus-size beauty contest

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Best programme I've seen in ages, manna from heaven if you like more round for your pound. Shame the redhead won, she was probably the roughest of the lot. It should have been the one with the very long dark hair, didn't catch her name (or her phone number, more's the pity). Anyone else see it? Should have set the video.

Best programme I've seen in ages' date=' manna from heaven if you like more round for your pound. Shame the redhead won, she was probably the roughest of the lot. It should have been the one with the very long dark hair, didn't catch her name (or her phone number, more's the pity). Anyone else see it? Should have set the video.[/quote']

I didn't watch it. When was it on? Although i'm not entirely sure what my motivation for watching it would've been.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I didn't watch it. When was it on? Although i'm not entirely sure what my motivation for watching it would've been.

It was on C4 last night from 9-10, as part of their "Shape Of The Nation" series. And I was entirely sure of my motivation to watch it.

It was on C4 last night from 9-10' date=' as part of their "Shape Of The Nation" series. And I was entirely sure of my motivation to watch it.[/quote']

Dammit, i'll have to keep an eye out for a repeat. I remember that i was watching the 'shape of the nation' series and that would be why i woulda watched it.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Dammit' date=' i'll have to keep an eye out for a repeat. I remember that i was watching the 'shape of the nation' series and that would be why i woulda watched it.[/quote']

Cheap thrills for me aside, it was an interesting programme. Worst bit was one of them crying because the whole thing had almost finished, and she was upset because it had been the one time she hadn't felt awful about herself. It's horrible that some people are so down on themselves.

Cheap thrills for me aside' date=' it was an interesting programme. Worst bit was one of them crying because the whole thing had almost finished, and she was upset because it had been the one time she hadn't felt awful about herself. It's horrible that some people are so down on themselves.[/quote']

Yeah i know. It can be very disheartening when you have felt like that yourself for similar reasons, it hits home as a reminder a wee bit. I'm glad there are programs like this.

it may be shallow, and although i thought the idea of the programme was good, the whole thought of beauty pageants makes me wanna vom, not to mention that irish bird who was organising it just irritated me from the start, i only saw as far as the american pageant she was in as i had to go out.

Mind you, was only watching coz the only channel i get in my flat is 4.... :(