aberdeen-music

best broadband to get

Noir

My mate recommends f2s.com

I've been with freedom2surf for years and they've never been anything but helpful. They're now owned by pipex but still seem to be operating as a seperate business. Besides that Pipex are very good as well so I have no hesitation in recommending both of them.

Go to adslguide.co.uk as someone else mentioned and read up on the various offerings before making a choice.

I'm with Pipex. Did have a 1mb connection unlimited for a year at £23.44 then found something cheaper, and was going to leave, so they offered me 2mb 30gb cap for £17.99 a month.

They even informed me that my average bandwith usage was only 5-6Gb, so I naturally went for that. No complaints with the service.

I'm with Pipex, it's great but more expensive. Even when we failed to unplug our modem during a storm and some lightening buggered it they replaced it for free (even though we should have been charged as they had to send a BT engineer out and it turned out that it was our fault). I've only ever had a couple of problems connecting and they've sorted themselves out in minutes.

1. BASE

Speed: Up to 2MB

Monthly Usage: 2GB

Monthly Subscription: FREE!

Connection Fee: £40

Wireless Router: FREE!

Full McAfee Security: FREE!

Professional Installation: £50

1. MID

Speed: Up to 8MB

Monthly Usage: 40GB

Monthly Subscription: A FIVER! (£5)

Connection Fee: £20

Professional Installation: £50

1. MAX

Speed: Up to 16MB

Monthly Usage: UNLIMITED

Monthly Subscription: £10

Connection Fee: FREE!

Professional Installation:FREE!

From BskyB

Guest Craig C

Anyone here with TalkTalk?

I've been with them for a good few months and have never had any problems at all. However, their call centre/phone service is utter shite!

• 1 year later...
Guest Neutral

Im still trying after 9 months of being with sky to pay the last of my talktalk bills, I have repeatedly asked for an itemised bill because i wanted to dispute some calls but never received one

They started with the debt collectors 48.73 I was due. I called them and told them to hold off because i would pay that coming friday but that i was not willing to spend any more money contacting them

They sent me an email and a nice lady called me and we discussed it, it was at this point that I found out that i was actually only due them 39.05, I said i had to talk to CA and she said she would hold off debt collectors and told me to email back when i had done so. I went to CA 2 days later, all is fine im going to pay the 39.05 to get them to STFU

emailed them yesterday

Please call me on 01224 625697 regarding the due amount, I will pay the

outstanding amount over the phone but refuse to pay any more towards

contacting talk talk.

got a call which was dead on the other end, no matter thought 1471 said it was an 0800 number which i called. On answering an Android advised me to go to my local carphone warehouse to seek the correct number

sent an email back saying

About 1 minute ago I received a call from 0800 9 555 544 which I

answered, the line was dead though, I suggest you try again.

I waited, They sent me an email saying

Thank you for your email regarding a telephone call.

I have tried to contact you again, but received no response. However, I

did not leave a message as my colleague has left a message for you to

inform us when it is the best time to call you.

I apologise that I have been unable to contact you.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact

customer services on 0870 444 1820 and we will be happy to assist.

Alternatively you can submit your query via our website,

Free Broadband with our Talk2 International Call Plan - TalkTalk or email customerservices@talktalk.co.uk.

Now here is where things get strange, I picked up the original call after 3 rings only to hear a dead line, Even stranger? I dont have an answering machine on my landline and since they dont have my mobile number.......

So I sent back an email amidst much protesting from my sentient block of concrete, with long hair

Thats rather interesting as I do not have an answering machine, maybe it was the ghost of a long dead resident, but nonetheless I will be available to take calls until 6.30pm tonight Monday 19th October 2007 and from 9am to 1pm tomorrow, Tuesday 20th October 2007

Im still waiting for a reply/phone call it seems like talktalk customer services are exactly the same as their broadband service - incompetant and run by complete muppets although muppets would probably be more helpful

I'm not sure if it's available in Aberdeen but in our old flat in Edinburgh we had blueyonder (now Virgin so maybe different quality) and it was solid. I think in the 3 years we had it it was unavailable about 2 days max but we always got top 4mb speed when it was available. I'm sure it's up to 20mb on the top package now with test runs in areas of England doing 50mb. It was more expensive than the adsl packages but with 3 other flatmates only about 2 more a month per person and better upload speeds.

Guest Neutral
I'm not sure if it's available in Aberdeen but in our old flat in Edinburgh we had blueyonder (now Virgin so maybe different quality) and it was solid. I think in the 3 years we had it it was unavailable about 2 days max but we always got top 4mb speed when it was available. I'm sure it's up to 20mb on the top package now with test runs in areas of England doing 50mb. It was more expensive than the adsl packages but with 3 other flatmates only about 2 more a month per person and better upload speeds.

Blueyonder is/was cable based internet just like atlantic telecom, you can't get it in aberdeen, doesnt look like we are going to get cable internet here even though the infrastructure is still there

Fast4.net - Unlimited Broadband Internet Access - No Port Blocking - No Restrictions - No Fuss

No cap at all, no fair use policy, 8mb connection, monthly pay so no contract, and only costs about 16 a month, I've been with them abnoput 4 months nowq, had about a day and a half of downtime though which has been frustrating, but it's been pretty good the rest of the time.

Cheers

Stuart