aberdeen-music

A bit of a hand....

Alkaline

I need a bit of a hand from those of you with an artistic inclination or the ability of finding something on the internet, source picture wise.

What i'm after is a sort of artists impression of leaves in an almost cartoonish style. I'm going to use it as part of the burned/etched artwork on the body of the custom telecaster that i'm building.

Maxi showed me something like that a couple of months ago that i think had something to do with the band 'Explosions in the Sky' but i can't for the life of me find it now :(

Any links to artists or if anyone would like to contribute to the design it would be much appreciated :)

Guest bluesxman

Don't have it handy but it sounds like what I remember of the inside artwork for EitS's 'The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place' CD, cartoon birds and i'm sure trees and leaves.

i have that artwork inked on my arm

esteban rey did it for the eart is not a cold dead place by explosions in the sky. he has done some other stuff for them too

his artwork is fantastic

Thanks to the folks who responded :)

Yeah, i just wanted an idea for an inked leaf or two. Got my source material now and i've done some preliminary freehand pyrography, it's looking fucking sweet if i don't say so myself. I'm gonna nip into square 1 for some beeswax and some autumnal wood stains on wednesday and hopefully get the tele body sanded down and prepped as well.

Once i've got more work done i'll post up some photo's for people to see if they're interested.

:up: