aberdeen-music

The Long Blondes

Rob

• 1 month later...
think were having an afterparty at snafu! will confirm details later once confirmed.

DHC DJs playing indie tunes all night till 2am for all you long blondes with no early start next day and a thirst for a night out after!

Im looking forward to this gig!

Whoo hoo! Party, party, party.

think were having an afterparty at snafu! will confirm details later once confirmed.

DHC DJs playing indie tunes all night till 2am for all you long blondes with no early start next day and a thirst for a night out after!

Im looking forward to this gig!

Is the party going ahead?

Anyone enjoy this gig? I missed the first band. Any good?

Third time I've seen the 1990's. The first time I thought they were pish and the second time I thought they were average. I then started listening to their stuff and really enjoyed it and thought last night was quality. I love the guy's lyrical content and think they have an endearing crapiness about them if that makes any sense!? The drummers a dude too, great to watch.

wasn't impressed by the Long Blondes. Nae my cup of tea. Too much time at the stylist and not enough in the studio writing songs. I'd tell the singer I thought her band were brilliant though.......

missed bricolage

thought 1990s were ok.started off I liked them and then the more they played i just got bored.Liked the guitar playing but not the singing.Good idea with the three vox but the drummers vox were a bit off occassionally.tight band though and you can tell theyve played a lot of gigs by how good they are as a unit.just thought they were bit lacking in songs.

really liked the long blondes, had giddy stratospheres for ages, amazing tune.I know what you mean about the style thing though, i heard that a while back they were basically getting slated coz they looked like they had spent too long on their wardrobe without actually learning to play or practice.But last night they were tight, good songs and shes a good frontwoman like!

Also, did anyone else notice the girl guitarist didnt actually play anything at all during the whole of the set?well, not that i saw.When she had the guitar there was no sund and she was kinda lacklustrely strumming , then when she had the keys you couldnt really notice them either.Maybe shes just there to look cool!

I thought exactly the same thing when they played at the Tunnels!

Yeah, I saw her slowly and clumsily practicing to form a bar chord at one point though so they'll maybe give her a bit to do soon.

and that one goes there.........and that one.............there.........

If only I was an atttractive bird I could be touring as a pretend guitarist! Her BVs were good I suppose.