aberdeen-music

who has the most boring job?

pete_inthehills

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work as a buyer for a drilling company. It has its combined moments of sheer enjoyment and major panics when it's a case of 'We've got a load out going tomorrow and we need that calibartion gas pronto!' but I wouldn't change what I do at all.

Its a complete change from working in payroll for the NHS and doing accounts payable for Oil Majors. Plus the fact I get invited to heaps of corporate jollies and get to flirt with female sales staff too.

I'd love to be a student again...

Seeing as I work full time now as a Produce Manager in a supermarket' date=' I've been introduced to the taxman. What a cunt.[/quote']

Ans that has what to do with being a student??? I was introduced to him when i was 18 and i'm still a student 9 years later. Just cause your a student your not automatically exempt from paying tax.

Night shift at tescos is really boring. I just did my first shift and I want to quit already.

You sit around, nobody speaks. Sort out boxes, stack shelves, have a pointless break where barely anyone speaks also. stack more shelves, go into awkward positions in an attempt to stack shelves without everything falling everyhwere.

The next stage after the other pointless breka is to allign the stuff on the shelves so it catches the eye of the 'consumer' who will buy stuf they previously didn't know they wanted. There are no customers. It messes up your body cloock. It is terible. It is more slow paced than I could have ever imagined.

When I got home I felt like I had wasted a day and a night. It only pays about 1.20 more than regular tescos pay. British supermarkets pay their regular staff a discracefully low amount. LIDL and ALDI (German supermarkets) pay something like 7-8 an hour standard and Walmart, I am led to believe are meant to be quite good to their staff.

If a manager from the Tescos I work at reads this, I am stuffed (being fired would be a real shame, woudln't it?)

I work at the Iron Mountain warehouse in Altens.

there's two laminated bits of paper on the whiteboard in front of me from Iron Mountain

with various exciting details like the Customer Services phone number and such..

- they do our backups you see

i have a black box with the backup tapes in

it's kinda like being james bond.... 8)

...kinda

Just got this story on an e-mail! Doesn't sound like a boring job but I sure as hell wouldn't want it!

Rob is a commercial saturation diver for Global Divers in Louisiana. He performs underwater repairs on offshore drilling rigs. Below is an E-mail he sent to his sister. She then sent it to a radio station in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, who was sponsoring a worst job experience contest. Needless to say, she won.

Hi Cheryl,

Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother. Last week I had a bad day at the office. I know you've been feeling down lately at work, so I thought I would share my dilemma with you to make you realize it's not so bad after all. Before I can tell you what happened to me, I first must bore you with a few technicalities of my job. As you know, my office lies at the bottom of the sea. I wear a suit to the office. It's a wetsuit. This time of year the water is quite cool.

So what we do to keep warm is this: We have a diesel-powered industrial water heater. This $20,000 piece of equipment sucks the water out of the sea, heats it to a delightful temperature, then pumps it down to the diver through a garden hose which is taped to the air hose. Now this sounds like a darn good plan, and I've used it several times with no complaints.

What I do, when I get to the bottom and start working, is take the hose and stuff it down the back of my wetsuit. This floods my whole suit with warm water. It's like working in a Jacuzzi. Everything was going well until all of a sudden, my bum started to itch. So, of course, I scratched it. This only made things worse. Within a few seconds my bum started to burn! I pulled the hose out from my back, but the damage was done. In agony I realized what had happened. The hot water machine had sucked up a jellyfish and pumped it into my suit.

Now, since I don't have any hair on my back, the jellyfish couldn't stick to it. However, the crack of my bum was not as fortunate. When I scratched what I thought was an itch, I was actually grinding the jellyfish into the crack of my bum. I informed the dive supervisor of my dilemma over the communicator. His instructions were unclear due to the fact that he, along with five other divers, were all laughing hysterically. Needless to say I aborted the dive.

I was instructed to make three agonizing in-water decompression stops totalling thirty-five minutes before I could reach the surface to begin my chamber dry decompression. When I arrived at the surface, I was wearing nothing but my brass helmet. As I climbed out of the water, the medic, with tears of laughter running down his face, handed me a tube of cream and told me to rub it on my bum as soon as I got in the chamber. The cream put the fire out, but I couldn't poo for two days because my bum was swollen shut.

So, next time you're having a bad day at work, think about how much worse it would be if you had a jellyfish shoved up your arse. Now repeat to yourself, I love my job, I love my job, I love my job." Now whenever you have a bad day, ask yourself, is this a jellyfish Bad day?

May you NEVER have a jellyfish bad day!!!!!

Ans that has what to do with being a student??? I was introduced to him when i was 18 and i'm still a student 9 years later. Just cause your a student your not automatically exempt from paying tax.

Well as a student I didn't get the oppurtunity to make so much money for me to notice the taxman. The other week I was deducted 300, however that was including my NI as well.

at the moment, i'm working 3 days a week manageing the student information desk at the university of glasgow. most days i just sit about, answering emails and phonecalls. trouble is, there hasn't been an email or a phonecall for over a week and a half! that's lead to a lot of me playing x-pipes on ab-music arcade, however it's not so bad when you're getting paid £9ph for it!

on busier days, i do all kinds of little tasks like web design and proof-reading and even delivering 10,000 booklets all across the uni in the sweltering heat, but i'd say i've got a pretty sweet deal all things considered! :D

anyway, it's only till sept 20th, the it's the real world for me!

/x

I worked at texas again last night/this morning. Was much better than the previous night. Not really sure why. Hopefully none of the managers read Aberdeen Music.

The most exciting moment today, which shows the lack of excitement involved in this job was...

I was given a set of bath biscuits to put in the bathroom products section. I went and handed them to the biscuits people and they didn't seem to happy at this reunion.

i sit on my arse for six hours a day and answer calls and listen to people's sob stories about how they need their phone line fixed RIGHT THIS SECOND because they run a business from home/they need to keep in touch with relative in america (it's always america. ALWAYS)/they have no arms or legs

get bent.

I would say a phone is important for folk who run a business from home. And it would be good if it got fixed right this second.