aberdeen-music

who has the most boring job?

pete_inthehills

I do. Let me tell you what I do.

Each morning I go in to my room which consists of me, a computer and 400 boxes. I open up a box and pull out a report. I check to see if that report in on our database. If it is I throw it away, and reach for another document. If it isn't, I stick a barcode on it, type the details in to the database put it in a different box and reach for another document. One document at a time, one box after another, on and on and on....

There is no one to talk to. Just me, my computer and my boxes. lots of boxes.

I've been doing this for 18 months now. When all the boxes are gone. I get another delivery.

pete

NOTinthehills

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I serve ice crean to rude old people with stupid accents. They can't even ask for their ice-cream properly:

me: hello

them: gimme a cone

me:*thinknig abouyt them being impolite old drains on the tax-payer* "large or small?"

them: eerrhhhh....large...no...small....no large

me: and what kind of ice-cream would you like?

them: erghhh fit is there?

me: *tells them ice creams that are direvtly infront of them*

them: erghhh.....better make it a mackies traditional then.

then they throw their money at me.

one of these days when they ask for a cone i'll just hand them a plain cone.

Guest onlynik

Surely a drilling engineer has a boring job.

My job can be tedious at times, being stuck offshore, waiting for the chopper to come and get you in 2 days, when you have no work to to and you are just wasting your time away.

Other days its so busy that it just flys by. I like my job.

I do. Let me tell you what I do.

Each morning I go in to my room which consists of me' date=' a computer and 400 boxes. I open up a box and pull out a report. I check to see if that report in on our database. If it is I throw it away, and reach for another document. If it isn't, I stick a barcode on it, type the details in to the database put it in a different box and reach for another document. One document at a time, one box after another, on and on and on....

There is no one to talk to. Just me, my computer and my boxes. lots of boxes.

I've been doing this for 18 months now. When all the boxes are gone. I get another delivery.

pete

NOTinthehills[/quote']

That's EXACTLY what I do. Do we work in the same place?

Guest Craig C

I work in a photography shop. Nothing special about it at all. Although the banter from customers can sometimes be good. Especially when it's drunk old people wandering into the shop from Wilsons Bar next door.

Nope, my job is pretty 'normal' as it were. Although we've had a sewer problem for the past few months, so every now and then, the smell of warm piss and shit appears. Oh, and we seem to have a woodfly infestation as well :up:

Fun times...