aberdeen-music

Morrissey v. Richard Madeley

french_disko

Morrissey has hit back at Richard Madeley after the television presenter criticised his vocal stance against vivisection.

The singer recently spoke out about a new animal testing laboratory in Oxford during a performance in the city. He told the audience: "Make no mistake, for anyone working in the labs, we are going to get you."

Madeley blasted the star via his column in the Saturday Express, labelling him a "puffed-up-prat" and a "vain glorious strutting humbug".

However, the former frontman of British band The Smiths has not taken the criticism lying down.

Responding to the remarks on fan website True To You, Morrissey scathingly commented: "Thank you to the British television person (I'm not exactly sure what he does) Richard Madeley who, at least, made me laugh recently by referring to me as an 'insufferable puffed-up prat'. This comment may or may not be true, but I think it's a bit rich coming from a man who actually married his own mother."

Guest DustyDeviada

I'm with you Del, Mozza keeps himself in good shape, I reckon he would make mincemeat of pretty boy "whoops I forgot to pay for all this booze" Madeley. And if the rumours are to be believed, no doubt the Moz would enjoy getting hot and sweaty with a bloke, in the ring. *cough*

Great line about marrying his mother too. The very fact that Madeley writes for the Express (which seems to have either have a story about Diana or "migrants" on its front page every day) is enough to make you want to punch him.

Guest bluesxman

Did Madeley not recently challenge Morrissey to step between a matador and a bull and then he would listen to one of Morrissey's albums via headphones, saying 'one of us may well die but i'm willing to risk it'. ?

madely is an admirable buffoon (i love the alistair macgowan pisstake of him) but he'd be no match for moz who whilst not only is physically superior could also outwit him as well. my only fear is that judy might wade in, old mozzer could be in trouble then.

Did Madeley not recently challenge Morrissey to step between a matador and a bull and then he would listen to one of Morrissey's albums via headphones' date=' saying 'one of us may well die but i'm willing to risk it'. ?[/quote']

Haha, if Madeley said that he's even more of a hero than I thought.

Madeley would destroy Morrissey, Morrissey is in no shape compared to Madeley.

Morrisey speaks some shit, he ran the New York Dolls fan club but said long hair was an "unpardonable offence", he just speaks garbage for effect nowadays. I assume it's to draw focus from his new songs. And what does he mean 'we are going to get you', I seriously doubt he's personally going to be storming the labs, flouncing about in a balaclava.

Apparently he also compared the seal hunt to the Holocaust...words fail me.