anyone else getting a plane today??

catherine

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watch the news

yes im refering to that.

means my suitcase now weighs over 20kg :/ but they cant complain cause your allowed 5kg for your hang luggage and ive had to pack it all now.

cause i aint putting all my cameras and stuff in a rucksack for them to throw about. i know folk who work in luggage handling. you dont want to hear the stories.

means major delays too. the airline called to tell us to try arrive really early. but everyone is traveling on mega bus from aberdeen so cant exactly get here any quicker. arg

it better be real! i aint going through this stress for nothing

half the shops in glasgow are shut and my flight is gona be lucky to leave tonight. and with only money and my passport im going to get awful hungry until we land in turkey and we find a supermarket!

shops are closing because of this? whats the general mood on the street like? how will the stereo-typical weegies get their buckie man?

shops are closing because of this? whats the general mood on the street like? how will the stereo-typical weegies get their buckie man?

i meant glasgow airport "hangs head"

im not sure why. my mum just told me she read it or heard it somewhere

dont know if its to stop them being mobbed or to let staff get away.

I just heard about this at work. Bloody hell. It'll be interesting to see if all the london flight commuters get home for the weekend. :(

Unlikely for today anyway... Heathrow's at a standstill until 3pm today at least.

I'm hoping they'll have lifted the hand luggage restrictions by Sunday when I head to Dublin' date=' it's only a short flight though... feel sorry for the poor folk heading back to all the different countries from the Youth Festival here... with instruments in tow - which have to go as hand luggage![/color']

at glasgow, they're not letting people into the airport unless they're flying, i.e. no family and friends. everything has to be packed into main luggage outside the airport and handluggage (which is extremely strictly monitored and there are rules about what's allowed) is being put into clear plastic bags. hence, what are you going to do with anything you buy in the shop? you can't take it on board and your shit is probably gonna be checked in. that only leaves stuff which you can eat before you get on so maybe that's their reasoning.

not sure if it's the same in aberdeen, i'm just going by what's on the radio.

/x

Urgh, hope you're not suffering too much Catherine! Certainly not the start to the holiday you'd want.

I'm flying from Edinburgh on Saturday morning so fingers crossed there's not too much damage then. I really don't want to put my camera and all in my proper luggage. :popcorn: