aberdeen-music

TV is shit

Hog

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But judging by his selection of TV programmes his choice in books could also lead to the conclusion that books are also shit! Being more carefully selective is the answer.

no, I think Hogs point was, they were all on the telly at the same time...and unlike "everyone else", doesn't have freeview, or sky.

Guest DustyDeviada

A quick glance at last night's paper reveals that Hog must have been watching telly at around 10.30, when there wasn't in fact "Quiz TV" on BBC 2, but Newsnight.

So you could have watched that instead, I watched some of it and there was an interesting feature on interest rates and inflation. *cough*

On BBC 1- The lottery

2- Quiz TV

ITV- Celeb love island

4 Big Brother with that annoying fucker at the beginning.

Is it me or is TV an insult?:down:

TV is total gash :down:

Public expectation is now so low that they can put any old pish on - and as long as there's a Z-list pop "star" a disgraced/deranged "celeb" and at least one repulsive Essex slapper on show, then the dimwitted British public will tune in.

A country that used to lead the world in all manner of things is now developing into a nation of jelly-heads. Just look at some of the grammar & spelling on this otherwise fine site alone.

I don't know if TV contributes to the general dumbing-down of the UK, or if it's a result of it

Hearbreaking ;(

DZL

"all hope is lost"

What I was meaning...

4 channels and half of it is made up of no brainer reality nonsense. As Paul Cocoass pointed out, why pay 110 to use the tv for dvds. Channel 4 should know better.

Big Brother= sittin gin my livingroom watching people sit in a livingroom.

Tempted to buy Sky but I really just watch world cinema movies from Blockbusters postal service.

What I was meaning...

4 channels and half of it is made up of no brainer reality nonsense. As Paul Cocoass pointed out' date=' why pay 110 to use the tv for dvds. Channel 4 should know better.

Big Brother= sittin gin my livingroom watching people sit in a livingroom.

Tempted to buy Sky but I really just watch world cinema movies from Blockbusters postal service.[/quote']

Sky is worse !!!

On there, you get REPEATS of the no-brainer reality pish + third rate American mini-series (some good ones to tho')

Guest DustyDeviada

Having seen the sorry state of ITV, personally I'm happy enough paying the license fee, yes there is more bollocks on BBC these days as well, but lots of good stuff too.

Anyone who just wants to watch DVDs should just watch them on a computer.

Guest bluesxman
A country that used to lead the world in all manner of things is now developing into a nation of jelly-heads. Just look at some of the grammar & spelling on this otherwise fine site alone.

I don't know if TV contributes to the general dumbing-down of the UK' date=' or if it's a result of it

Hearbreaking ;(

DZL

"all hope is lost"

Whoops.:laughing:

Get freeview and you'll get E4 and Filmfour.

Or more importantly More4 (YES! to the daily show and west wing repeats) and FilmFour as E4 just seems to show big brother just now. You'll also get UKTV History (the recent run of Attenborough sundays was ace), BBC News 24 and Sky Sports News (for Soccer Saturday).

Guest bluesxman
Tempted to buy Sky but I really just watch world cinema movies from Blockbusters postal service.

That's probably a much better use of cash. Sky is utter shagwank. I rarely watch TV but seem to find myself only ever watching poker or repeats of Scrubs whilst eating me tea. You do get some good movies popping up in the evenings on random channels but generally I've seen them all before.

Guest bluesxman
Or more importantly More4 (YES! to the daily show and west wing repeats) and FilmFour as E4 just seems to show big brother just now. You'll also get UKTV History (the recent run of Attenborough sundays was ace)' date=' BBC News 24 and Sky Sports News (for Soccer Saturday).[/quote']

Do you get Film Four for free on Freeview? I have to pay an extra Sky subscription if I want it??

Do you get Film Four for free on Freeview? I have to pay an extra Sky subscription if I want it??

It became free across the board last month. But they now show adverts in the films, although not too often and they're not starting to annoy me yet. This week I've watched Motorcycle Diaries, Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile on Film Four.

Guest bluesxman
It became free across the board last month. But they now show adverts in the films' date=' although not too often and they're not starting to annoy me yet. This week I've watched Motorcycle Diaries, Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile on Film Four.[/quote']

So I now have it free too? Cool. Although having said that any films I've seen listed I tend to have anyway.....but there's always the odd one. Motorcycle Diaries was ace. I avoided The Green Mile for years but my girlfriend insisted I watch it a few months back and it was also very good against my expectations.

It became free across the board last month. But they now show adverts in the films' date=' although not too often and they're not starting to annoy me yet. This week I've watched Motorcycle Diaries, Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile on Film Four.[/quote']

only thing is... you are now subjected to adverts in film 4.... if you think the tv programmes are shite (and by enlarge they most certainly are, although tbh some aren't as quite as good as shite) the adverts are most certianly painful...

now its free... i kinda wish i had subscribed to film 4...

best tv on at the moment is i clavdivs (imo)...its very telling that tv from the 70's is the only thing currently worth watching on 600+ channels...

tv is for morons.... if you are not a moron, but watch enough tv u soon will be... then you enjoy tv.... pretty good closed loop feedback control system really...

Guest DustyDeviada
So I now have it free too? Cool. Although having said that any films I've seen listed I tend to have anyway.....but there's always the odd one. Motorcycle Diaries was ace. I avoided The Green Mile for years but my girlfriend insisted I watch it a few months back and it was also very good against my expectations.

You must have missed the huge marketing campaign that has been going on for the last month all over the telly and the papers.

fullZZZZZZPRW060731104714PIC.jpg

Guest DustyDeviada
best tv on at the moment is i clavdivs (imo)...its very telling that tv from the 70's is the only thing currently worth watching on 600+ channels...

Some decent new stuff just now. The Shield on Channel 5 is probably one of the best series I have ever watched, just brilliant.

Deadwood's good as well, and on BBC Annually Retentive and Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe are pretty funny. Time Trumpet looks good as well, although I missed it last week.