aberdeen-music

Lovejoy

jester1470

I'm currently down in London doing some work and in the lonely evenings till my girlfriend joins me I have found myself sitting on the balcony overlooking the Thames watching Lovejoy on the computer - very relaxing.

How many people remember the adventures of the mischevious antiques dealer? Great 80's TV from the superb Ian McShane who went on to star in Deadwood, a great show in the Bergerac mould...

Cheers

Stuart

I haven't watched Lovejoy properly, but I saw a DVD cover and chuckled a little and his bootiful 80's hair. I'm so glad I didn't live through it. I probably would have hair like that too. Nah prob not but oh well.

lovejoy.jpg

I hope that image shows up. I'm sure it is a great programme though. No offence to Lovejoy fans :up:

NoOoOo Lovejoys pic didnt show up! *cries*

Guest DustyDeviada
Great 80's TV from the superb Ian McShane who went on to star in Deadwood' date=' a great show in the Bergerac mould...

[/quote']

Surely Deadwood is about as far away from the Bergerac mould as possible? I certainly don't remember John Nettles calling anyone a "fucking cocksucker". ;)

Guest bluesxman

Lovejoy is in that 'Sexy Beast' film.

It would also be quality Sunday evening viewing for all the family in the Last Of The Summer Wine mould, I recommend it.

another pathetic 'claim to fame' (using this phrase in the very loosest sense possible) i have is one of me bessie mates was taught drama at the old vic theatre in bristol by john telfer who played one of bergerac's sidekicks DC Willy Petit in the latter years of the brown leather jacketed one's jersey adventures. coat got.

another pathetic 'claim to fame' (using this phrase in the very loosest sense possible) i have is one of me bessie mates was taught drama at the old vic theatre in bristol by john telfer who played one of bergerac's sidekicks DC Willy Petit in the latter years of the brown leather jacketed one's jersey adventures. coat got.

Haha thats ace :)

Love joy fucking suxxxxxxxxxxxx

I mean cmon itll be marple solves all next

Get a grip with the "ahhh i remeber the good old lovejoy days" ..If life was so good way back in the lovejoy day what the fook where ya doing watching lovejoy....

Meh Only my opinion

Nought wrong with Marple, but only the Joan Hickson Marple.

Lovejoy was on a Sunday evening so after a busy weekend it was great viewing to just sit down and chill out, clever, witty writing and great characterisation, I keep meaning to read the books which are meant to be quite different and darker.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest Neubeatz
i will not have that lovable cheeky chappy rogue slagged off' date=' you knew where you were when lovejoy and tinker were solving antique related cases on a sunday night.[/quote']

cheesus, I was engaged and working offshore when that show was nu....

only got it twice a month.;)

Guest DustyDeviada
It was a badly punctuated sentence' date=' but I meant Lovejoy had similarities with Bergerac, not Deadwood.[/quote']

Yes, my comment was a joke, hence the smiley. ;)