aberdeen-music

Ampere...

Elvrum

Guest Tam o' Shantie

OK, here's my full analysis, seeings as my previous answer was deemed to be 'internet wit' when actually it was just a blunt response to your poorly worded question.

So, here goes. You state that a band called Ampere are the best ever band (implying that no other band in history could surpass their prowess) in the entire genre of 'hardcore' (an enormously ambiguous description synonymous with tens if not hundreds of sub-genres). I disagree, because there are hundreds of bands in the history of loose association with the notion, musical style or lifestyle of 'hardcore' music who are in my opinion better than Ampere.

I had never heard of them, so I decided to check them out online and find out a bit about them. They appear to have released only two records, meaning that they probably formed in the last couple of years. The mp3 I've heard on the site id reminiscent of music that was around at least 10-15 years ago, so they're automatically out of the running compared to all the bands of historical importance in 'hardcore' who pioneered musical styles. Secondly, they aren't really that good. Even today, there are loads of bands playing this style and doing it much better. Are Ampere really better than Swing Kids were? Not in a million fucking years.

To directly oppose your argument, I'd like to state that Spazz are actually the best hardcore band of all time.

Haha. Oh man. YES YES YESSSS!

I've not been on this forum for a long time, but I remember you now! How could i forget your warm comforting charm, I do not know.

Anyway.

Dude, whatever floats your boat, seriously. I know they're not the best hardcore band ever, but Im going through a phase where Ive convinced myself they are.

And oh, they've released 5 records.

Even today, there are loads of bands playing this style and doing it much better.

If you could name them please, as Id quite like to know. Cheers honey

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Uh oh! Looks like I've been ratted out! I don't know who the other bands are, because I don't listen to this kind of stuff...Chariots? It's really not my style as you must know because you seem to be really clued up.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Dude' date=' whatever floats your boat, seriously. I know they're not the best hardcore band ever, but Im going through a phase where Ive convinced myself they are.y[/quote']

If by your own admission your original statement was an exaggeration, why mount your high horse when I said you were speaking shite?

If by your own admission your original statement was an exaggeration' date=' why mount your high horse when I said you were speaking shite?[/quote']

I'm sorry dear. It was just the way your worded your reply.

And now since I learn you didn't actually know who the band was before making that statement....OOOooooooOOOO!!

Thats not very nice :( !

Guest Tam o' Shantie

What? I said in my 2nd reply that I had checked out the mp3 on their site before I replied to you. How else would I quantify such a statement as 'absolute bullshit' ?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

To summarise:

You think a band who are totally insignificant in the grand scheme of things are the best hardcore band of all time. I disagree, and you badger me to reiterate my statement. When I do so, you admit that you don't really think they're the best hardcore band of all time.

Wow, you've made me look like such a fool in front of everyone. How will I ever live this one down? You are a strange person, but you've heard what I have to say about Ampere, and if you don't appreciate my opinion that's just something I'll have to live with.

• 1 month later...