aberdeen-music

always there

Every time I go to a gig, there always seems to be this one girl that is usually there with her mates. I don't know when I first noticed her, perhaps in the queue at the subways gig a year or so ago. Or Maybe the son's and daughters gig before that. She was at the Bee's last night.

Anyway, its now got to the point where I'm starting to think I know her. At some point when I'm drunk I'm going to stagger up to her and say "Don't I know you", when I don't really.

Does anyone else have this problem when you seem to have syncronised your gigging and drinking with a complete stranger?

or is it just me?

pete

inthehills

I never remember anybody that I meet/get introduced to when Im drunk, let alone people I don't meet.

Many many times have I been somewhere and somebody has said "how's it going man? Can I get you a drink" and Ive thought they were possibly gay and just fancied my bum.

Still let them get me a drink though.

Ive had that before.. Someone came up to me outside marks and spencers and was chatting to me like he knew me....I listened to his tales of how pissed he was the night before and how his girlfriend had dumped him..etc..etc..When 10 mins had passed i said to the guy.Mate you dont know me and if you do i can only apologies as i dont have a clue who you are...

He looked at me and asked if my name was blah blah, I retorted no my name is Jase..He was soo apologetic lol it was hilaroius

Everytime i see the lad now he carrys the joke and gives me a nod and makes a lil comment..

In my lifetime the ammount of people who have came up to me and told me im the spitting image of someone else has shattereed my delusion im unique

Ive had that before.. Someone came up to me outside marks and spencers and was chatting to me like he knew me....I listened to his tales of how pissed he was the night before and how his girlfriend had dumped him..etc..etc..When 10 mins had passed i said to the guy.Mate you dont know me and if you do i can only apologies as i dont have a clue who you are...

He looked at me and asked if my name was blah blah' date=' I retorted no my name is Jase..He was soo apologetic lol it was hilaroius

Everytime i see the lad now he carrys the joke and gives me a nod and makes a lil comment..

In my lifetime the ammount of people who have came up to me and told me im the spitting image of someone else has shattereed my delusion im unique[/quote']Thats not the same problem as me though...

people speak to me like they know me.....when I finally sdo say "aye, so who the fuck are you" they explain how they met me god knows how many times in various clubs and proceeded to tell me how pissed I was and what I did to them/myself/their friends/random people on the street...things I simply have no recollection of (along with the rest of the night/day/afternoon in question)

Guest Jake Wifebeater
people speak to me like they know me.....when I finally sdo say "aye' date=' so who the fuck are you" they explain how they met me god knows how many times in various clubs and proceeded to tell me how pissed I was and what I did to them/myself/their friends/random people on the street...things I simply have no recollection of (along with the rest of the night/day/afternoon in question)[/quote']

I have the same problem. Doesn't happen to me that often, but it freaks the shit out of me.

I'm really bad for that too, I had a terribly personal conversation with a girl in Moshulu on Friday night and it turns out we have a few things in common. Thing is, she was sober and just very open, I was blitzed and therefore had no secrets whatsoever. Somewhere in Aberdeen is a(nother) person who knows deep dark secrets about me and who I'll never recognise.

There's a girl I was in 1st year at uni with who I see *everywhere* and it's only after 3 years of seeing her in Aberdeen that I've just said 'look, who are you?, I think we'd get along seeing as I see you in the same shops, clubs, gigs and bars as me.'

worst I got was this....

*Third day fo new job. Standing with boss in Boots at sandwich counter*

*Random Robert Gordons School UNiform wearing boy comes over*

RGU DIck: "Hey, you're that guy!"

Me: "I know that, IM quite aware that I am a being."

RGU Dick: "You probably dont remember me, but you were in the Bassment and started talking to me and my friends then you stuck a pin up your knob."

Me: "Oh. Dont remember that. Sounds like me though. I better go back to work now."

RGU Dick: "Okay, I'll leave you to it."

*Boss looks at me*

Boss: "Who is he?"

Me: "No idea. Think he's on drugs."

Later rembered being in the bassment and taking a badge off my hat and sticking it up me japper. Oops.

Nah' date=' this lass had longish curly dark brown hair, pretty face, nice figure. Your typical celtic tempress if you ask me.

I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and speak to her. She'll probably think I'm a total loon, but what the hell.

pete[/quote']

About bloody time - take a chance, eh?

If all else fails then just spike her drink with royphonol.

Well you better hope she doesn't frequent this forum and read this post, else when you finally do go up to her and introduce yourself she'll be all...

"yeah i've read your post on the aberdeen music forum, i need to go erm somewhere else, bye"

If not you'r sorted...

yeah, I did think of that. but then no one knows who I am. I don't know any other aberdeen music folk, so I'm just going to act innocent

pete_inthewhat?

aberdeen music.com what's that?

right I'm off to practise my innocent face in the mirror.

pete

PS. If anyone else gets a slap and are accused of being me when they go up to lasses in clubs and ask "don't I know you?", then mucho appologies dudes.