aberdeen-music

Ancients Rule

deadloud

Ok, I give up. Are there any vocalists out there who aren't teenage wannabes, got some real mileage behind them and can do the job???

Looking for the proverbial 'good' singer, own gear, Peterhead area, might be semi pro but definately got more than a few years on the road. Less than 40 years young .... keep practising!!

Into anything that isn't opera, thrash, punk or that noisy stuff people make when their ego writes cheques that their talent can't cash.:rockon:

Serious keyboard player looking to do serious damage (in a melodic way.)

SORRY ABOUT THIS BUT TWO YEARS ON THIS SITE WITH NO REAL RESPONSE IS JUST A BIT FRUSTRATING !!!:swearing:

SORRY ABOUT THIS BUT TWO YEARS ON THIS SITE WITH NO REAL RESPONSE IS JUST A BIT FRUSTRATING !!!:swearing:

Most of the users of this site are a lot younger than what you're looking for surely so why the surprise? I assume you've been sticking up adverts/looking elsewhere as well?

Our band (Red Cortinas) are Peterhead/Fraserburgh based and I am the "baby" of the band at 40. We have advertised for singers over the years and it is very hard to get people of the right age/location. We have a full complement of band members now but it aint easy.

Keep trying, mate.

i used to be the vocalist of said band (red cortinas),and i was the ameoba of the band,having just turned 30 this year.i did the best i could and burned myself out,so now no longer do any vocals.and dave is right,it aint easy,i was lucky enough to find a great band when i did.

good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Good point Ross, it's probably stating the obvious but I reckon anyone serious about the work would have their own PA, mic etc. and transport. I've spent enough time and money in the past supplying the kit and playing taxi driver to people who will "get some gear together soon"

I don't mind anyone going through my system, and I don't mind giving anyone a lift or helping out where ever I can, but after the first couple of years it gets annoying .... in the past I've sort of got sick of being the only one to put money into a show, after all, the money gets split 50/50 so why not the input?

That's where the line comes from about 'own gear', it's to try and weed out this aspect before they get to thinking it's a free ride. Experience has shown me that when somebody puts money where their mouth is (no pun intended), it usually means they can do the job, it means they know the value of kit and treat it with respect, and they are the sort of people who don't vanish when it's their round!!

In an ideal world it wouldn't matter and it would all be down to the music, but hey .... who lives in an ideal world. How would you feel if I turned up to play with you, and you had to supply everything I used and provide me with transport?

Reading back over this it sounds like I'm a bit of an ogre or skinflint ..... I'm not, I'm lucky enough to have made a lot of money out of music ... and I've put nearly all of it back in, I've played more charity gigs than I can remember, so I may be out of order, but I expect similar commitment from those I work with. Putting the requirement up front saves the argument later.