aberdeen-music

pedalboard wanted

LiamC

There may or may not be something currently available for your pedal setup. It depends what pedals you use. If it is just a GT-8 you use, there will be a number of things on websites such as www.thomann.de

Personally, i would get a thin bit of wood, attach your pedals down to it with something which wont allow them to realistly become un-attached, put it inside some other flight case and attach it strongly. If it is only a tempory setup (i.e there just to save setting up time at practices and gigs), electrical tape will do the trick, if it is pernament, use metal clips of some kind and some cable ties.

If you plan to carry it around to practices, the weight of a case may be a factor but it is also more likely to get bashed. Personally, I don't trust soft cases any more.

Solid case with foam on the inside is my preferance for just about all musical equipment.

mark westhill ,,, as in your words my bullets mark i know u lol

na i dunno it has to hold

digitech grunge - rozz flanger - ibanez cs 9 - boss blues driver - dunlop wah - colour sound swell pedal

my setup is

guitar - pedal board - boss gt 8 - boss me 6 - amp

well the pedals i am usuing for the gig will be going straight after the gig as the gig im playing is a pink floyd tribute gig so thats te reason i have so much pedals

but i was speaking to my nabour and his work have these little stand things they use in the confrence room so hes gonna snag me one of them so that should be that sorted

mark westhill ' date=',, as in your words my bullets mark i know u lol

na i dunno it has to hold

digitech grunge - rozz flanger - ibanez cs 9 - boss blues driver - dunlop wah - colour sound swell pedal

my setup is

guitar - pedal board - boss gt 8 - boss me 6 - amp[/quote']

For all thats feckin holy.....what little signal that reaches yer amp will be 50% HISSSSSS!!

na i use emgs so i dont get any of that my effects rig is all based around david gilmour / pink floyd i have spoken to richard mcalan that works for daves tech so ive modded a few pedals to avoid the hiss plus my pedal board is before my preamp in my gt 8 effects chain

mark westhill ' date=',, as in your words my bullets mark i know u lol

[/quote']

That's the other Mark from Westhill.

There are a number of bags and cases with bits to put pedals in, available for reasonable prices. Thomann would be a good starting point to look.

DIY really isn't that hard, certain things can be hard if you want to add features or fancy wiring. A relatively easy method would be to attach a 6 way power board and attach all your power adaptors down to your pedal board using electrical tape. You could also get a power supply to power all your pedals from one box (or if you are really clever, wire up one yourself).

If you are any good at electronics (or more to the point, soldiering)

you could wire up a number of sockets at the edge of your pedal board so you only plug in one kettle plug and two jack cables. It would look rather good and be extremely convienant to setup. I would however doubt the soldiering ability of most people I know (including myself). It will probably fall apart half way through your first gig.

The main thing for me however would be. Make sure your pedals are attached in a way to the pedalboard where there will be no chance of them getting based around (in transport) or moving around (while you use them). If your case is padded and/or they are attached down so they can't move around, this should limit damage.

Also, always use cables of the correct legnth, cable tie them together and attach them down to your pedal board. Nothing worse than a 10m cable to go 4 cm which is tangled up with 6 other excessively long cables (don't laugh, ive seen it happen many times before).

Another idea would be to buy some insolation foam. A flightcase from B&Q and cut out holes of suitable sizes to put your pedals in. Make sure you glue down the foam to your flightcase (probably after installing cables) and the pedals are still useable with the foam there.

Soldering and cable ties can be your best friend.

DIY it, the hardest part being finding a case for it if you are needing

for the board, a plank of wood with speaker type covering over it (looks like the fuzzy side of velcro - often seen covering amps and the like)(plus any edging and handles you want to spruce it up and make it look nicer and last) then some hook velcro stuck to the backs of the pedals to attach them with - holds them pretty securely, but you can move them without too much effort.

for power, either a Voodoolabs PP2+ if you can afford to do it properly (properly regulated and isolated supply), or one of the cheap five way supplys you can get for £20-30

David