aberdeen-music

Would people buy tickets from aberdeen-music?

Neil

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Okay' date=' online store for local band merch it is. I'll get on to it and see if it will be feasible...[/quote']

All SPD stuff is still available, so do we just give you copies and you square us up when/if they get punted?

All SPD stuff is still available' date=' so do we just give you copies and you square us up when/if they get punted?[/quote']

Yeah, pretty much. I'll probably set-up a PO Box for bands to send the merch they want to sell to. Then as stuff shifts I'll pay the bands via direct bank transfer (just need a sort-code and account number).

Guest Jake Wifebeater

This all sounds good, I'm guessing you'll set up a "merchandise" sticky or forum within the site with a list of what's up for grabs? My only concern would be, that's if you were to take SPD stuff(!), adding on a bit for postage costs? We try and keep it ridiculously cheap, non-profit and all that. Would you do the same?

Yep, I will be sticking to being non-profit like the rest of the web site but yes, there will be some P&P and an extra fee I'll have to stick on each item sold (maybe 50p / £1) to cover the payment processing costs. It shouldn't be much though. You guys will always have the final say on what your items will be sold for.

The store will be a full online store though so more like Amazon and less like a forum post. :)

I'll probably ask a few bands to sell some of their merch as a "trial" of the service. Then if it works out then I'll open it up to all local bands to sell what they like.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Well, you've certainly got the right idea, I think. If the idea does take off then I'd definitely like to be part of it. It's got good potential. Bands with releases should support it. Bands without releases should bloody well release! Or you could trade with other bands/ music sites. Trading is a great way to bump up the collection for next to nothing. Hope it works out well. Good luck.