aberdeen-music

superhero movie news!

Mr.Mike

as usual I can't remember where i heard this but i'm pretty sure it's not just speculation:

Eddie Brock/venom in the new spiderman movie is set to be played by the guy who plays eric in "that 70's show"...

and the joker for the new batman movie (currently going under the name of "the dark knight") is set to be played by...

Heath "I'm an ass loving cowboy" Ledger!

slightly suspect casting choices if you ask me...

as usual I can't remember where i heard this but i'm pretty sure it's not just speculation:

Eddie Brock/venom in the new spiderman movie is set to be played by the guy who plays eric in "that 70's show"...

and the joker for the new batman movie (currently going under the name of "the dark knight") is set to be played by...

Heath "I'm an ass loving cowboy" Ledger!

slightly suspect casting choices if you ask me...

There's already a promo picture of Topher Grace as Venom which looks absolutely amazing, so I've been won over by that (will try and get picture). As for Heath Ledger, he's a damned fine actor, so I'm sure Nolan knows what he's doing. And much as I would approve of Crispin Glover, every time he appeared on screen I'd probably think of him sniffing Drew Barrymore's hair in Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle and looking all 'scary', which has ruined my perception of him forever.

another +point for S3 is that venom is set to keep his characteristic long tongue.

i'm thinking if they manage to make S3 dark enough then it could be a rival to batman begins. but given that the first 2 seemed to be aimed at the whole family I dunno how much chance there is of it. then again, I can think of a whole heap of superhero movies that would've been better had they been worthy of the 15/18 certificate.

There's already a promo picture of Topher Grace as Venom which looks absolutely amazing' date=' so I've been won over by that (will try and get picture). As for Heath Ledger, he's a damned fine actor, so I'm sure Nolan knows what he's doing. And much as I would approve of Crispin Glover, every time he appeared on screen I'd probably think of him sniffing Drew Barrymore's hair in Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle and looking all 'scary', which has ruined my perception of him forever.[/quote']

I've managed to erase that from my thoughts. Every time I see him I think of Willard and the creepy rats. And of making him my husband but that's a more private matter.

There's a really good interview with him on Suicide Girls

He come's across as insanely intelligent.