aberdeen-music

ipod help needed

Noir

my computer died so i got a new hard drive and loaded itunes back on it. now when i connect my ipod it thinks it's a different computer and says if i want to use it it will replace the ipod memory with the itunes library (which is empty) if i let it synchronise will it delete all my music from the ipod?

is there any way to get the music off the ipod back onto the computer?

yes.

Ive got a 60GB video iPod.

If you connect then go into the iPod via My Computer, make sure you're displaying hidden files and folders. There'll be a hidden folder called iPod control. That folder has all the music in fiels and folders with weird letter and number names. Basically, if you display hidden files and folders then copy ALL the folders in the IPod to your comp, you can then do whatever with the iPod (I have to reset mine every now and then, fucking thing!) then copy all the folders back, all your music will be on again.

Hopefully that made sense.

My experience (which has included 2 replacement ipods and a good few repairs) has meant that the only people who touch these things are apple themselves. If you go on to the Apple website (UK) one and go to support, you can arrange for a repair to be done. They send you out a box and collect it and the works, you dont pay for it either (as long as it is in warranty) Usually had mine back 5-7 days after pick up.

While there's an ipod thread around..

Mine's completely gone' date=' won't switch on (tried resetting or whatever it's called), won't recharge... anyway the warranty's still okay so where in Aberdeen can I take it?[/quote']

The main Apple service provider in Aberdeen is CMYK Digital Solutions, which is on Bon Accord Street. Their number is 01224 560930.

If you connect then go into the iPod via My Computer' date=' make sure you're displaying hidden files and folders. There'll be a hidden folder called iPod control. That folder has all the music in fiels and folders with weird letter and number names. Basically, if you display hidden files and folders then copy ALL the folders in the IPod to your comp, you can then do whatever with the iPod (I have to reset mine every now and then, fucking thing!) then copy all the folders back, all your music will be on again.[/quote']

worked perfectly!

worked perfectly!
Glad I could help.

However, my fucking thing says, yet again, thats somethings wrong.

If theres new iPod software, when I update, its fine. If not, I have to reset the ipod then copy all the folders back to the iPod again.

Its fucking doneit again, theres no new updates, so currently restoring the fucking thing, then will have to copy it all back on (which takes a good hour, considering I have 12gigs on there!)

Arse piss poop! Will leave it to copy overnight as its my work computer. Still, fucking arsey cunting things!

theres an option somewhere in itunes that you can sync the pc to your ipod rather than ipod to your pc.

sorry if i duplicated a previous answer but i just read the opening post.

:popcorn:

yeah. but that doesn't solve the problem of the ipod thinking its been plugged into a different computer.

bloody copyright protection bollocks!