aberdeen-music

Different places in the world to visit.

Hog

I'd love to go to Ukraine and trace some of my ancestry. I've also really liked the idea of doing the Trans-Siberian railway although I'd want someone with me when I did.

I really want to visit China and Japan, but I reckon I'll get to them eventually.

As for less obviously touristy places I've visited, Tennessee was great. It's got loads of musical history, there's heaps of other stuff to do and there's sun in abundance. Plus you can see where they make Jack Daniels if you're into that sort of thing.

A lot of the little coastal towns on the Pacific Coast Highway in California are really cool. They're kind of lost in time, and not entirely caught up with the fast-pacedness of the rest of the US. Same with NE Tennessee although that's more in a bible belt kind of way.

Tropical North Queensland, in Australia is beautiful and pretty quiet with regards to other tourists. It's full of rainforests and the scenery is stunning.

There's a book called Adventure Capitalist about a guy who travels the world in his car looking for poorer countries to invest money in. Even if you don't agree with his politics it's cool to read about all the really obscure places he's travelled (Outer Mongolia anyone?).

I'd like to go to Tibet, Nepal, Siberia... which aren't really off the beaten track because they're probs top of the "Lonely Planet Backpackers' Off the Beaten Track Destinations!!" list. Still want to go though. And somewhere in the north of India I think (I really don't know anything about India so I don't know where).

Oh and I want to go to Decin in the Czech Republic because it's where Smicer was born and he played there before he went to Slavia, and I should've gone when I was in Prague but I never did. Apparently it's a boring industrial sort of town.

I'd love to go to Ukraine and trace some of my ancestry. I've also really liked the idea of doing the Trans-Siberian railway although I'd want someone with me when I did.

Im going to the Ukraine in octobor for the Scotland game.Think ill hook up with a hot long lost sister or something?

Guest onlynik

Japan, South America something like that its all part of hte great plan.

(Probably) going to Canada at Chrostmas time, saying with friends and relatives, so we'll see the non touristy side of things.

I'll probably be in South Korea and Angola next year too, but that business rater than pleaseure, mught get out and about in SK, but Angola is another question.

India is on the list for next year too, either Goa or Shimla (Himalaya Mountains).

Oh and Cuba too.

There's still so much of undiscovered Scotland i'd like to see. Especially the west coast.

i'd agree with that

there's a ton of exploring to do in the highlands and islands

i've managed a bit over the last few years

but there's still loads of places that i havent been to

only place i've been to that i would love to do again would be China

its a great place to visit..

(and the food is afae good)