GATECHIEN return!! THURS 9TH NOV - CAFE DRUMMONDS

Dizzy Storm

umm....

GOFONES - 9ISH

LE SINGE BLANC - 9.45ISH

LE RENO AMPS - 10.30ISH

GATECHIEN 11.15ISH

approx times

boo, if only it had worked out like that.

GOFONES were great. A pretty solid first gig (aside from Yousef's catastrophic banter) and I'm looking forward to seeing them play again.

Le Reno Amps are much improved with the full band I think. It was good before but it's great now.

Le Single Blanc were mental.

And at this point I was quite boozy and it was past my bedtime. Really wish I could have stayed for Gatechien.

I only caught the last minute of GOFONES. Fit a racket! It sounded like a racket at the end of something promising though so I'll have to check them out in full.

Le Reno Amps were really good, that's the first time I'd seen them. Good fun.

Le Singe Blanc were interesting, talented, dubious, crap, ace, weird, enjoyable, unenjoyable, funny and topless. Overall bad with very good bits!

Gatechien were quite simply one of the best things I've ever seen. I wouldn't listen to their recordings but as a live set it was astounding.

I'm affa sleepy the day though. Too late for a school night that.

Gatechien are fairly breathtaking! I haven't bought into listening to the recorded material as I just love watching and thinking 'how the hell do they make that sound and where's the other guitarist'. Always a fab experience! Craaaaaaazeeeee Frenchies!

A live video would be a good idea, I'd buy that now... :up:

Guest bluesxman

I didn't think Gofones were 'easily the best band in Aberdeen' but there was a lot of good stuff in there and I enjoyed most of it, keyboards got lost in the sound a lot and it's a shame because the guy is obviously a talented player. His banter was pretty shite like.

First time I've seen Le Reno Amps full band set up and it was good, not sure I'm so keen on a couple of the newer numbers but still enjoy watching them, they always look like they are enjoying themselves.

Some of Le Singe Blanc was good, some very Zappa like and some just nae my cup of tea.

After LSB I was so tired I almost had to surrender and go home but I'm glad I never, Gatechien were absolutely fantastic. A lot of that kind of 2 piece set up would just be a racket for the sake of it but there were so many great melodic hooks in the bass lines and the drummer was just amazing. I bought the 2 CD's they had on sale and after listening to the live one travelling about in the car today can safely say the sound travels well to listening outside the live act. For me anyway.

Nice one Shaz.

I did enjoy GOFONES last night, there was something about how it was so shambolic yet made sense which I thought was really cool.

La Reno Amps were the bee's knees, I really enjoyed them and I'll probably go out of my way to see them again in Aberdeen. Their bass player made me feel strange as well...

I saw some of Le Singe Blanc, but unfortunately I'm an old man so I had to go home to bed. Really wish I had stayed to see Gatechien, but I would have been paying for it today at work.

That was the best gig Iv been to in ages like. GOFONES were good, but I was hiding from someone and chatting to Kirk during the beginning of their set, so was unaware they were doing a soundcheck. Once they got started I liked their stuff though. Although - I did hear the fitba banter and was slightly puzzled. I saw Le Reno Amps play at that gig they did with Gatechien and Elephant Micah before, and they were just as good with more band members. Le Singe Blanc were really good! The guy we the hair may have possibly been the coolest person I had ever seen, but the other guitarist was Cameron Robinson from Neighbours' double, so he is the coolest instead.

Gatechien are great. I love them. When are they back?