aberdeen-music

GATECHIEN return!! THURS 9TH NOV - CAFE DRUMMONDS

Dizzy Storm

its a while away i know but no harm in getting the word out early... :)

GATECHIEN - post punk bass/drums duo from Bordeaux return to the uk, and aberdeen, for the 3rd time, having just released their new album 'Trois', on Keben Records

some of you may have seen them at The Tunnels Oct last year with Thomas Truax, Le Reno Amps & Elephant Micah...fantastic gig all round!! great live band, very entertaining!

for those of who who didnt, here's some info and links to all you need to know/hear... for fans of Jesus Lizard/Fugazi/Nirvana/Shellac..

"Gtechien's music is raw, stark and harshly compelling. Bassist/singer Laurent Paradot torturously carves out leads while spewing agonized grunts, groans and syllables that don't sound like words in any language, or occasionally humming along with his own bass parts. Drummer Florian Belaud's complex beats make up in energy for what they sometimes lack in precision; he and Paradot have enough rapport that a third band member would be unnecessary. The songs are disjointed in structure but flow intriguingly from one dark melody to another. If they were more polished or polite, Gtechien might be just another math-rock band, noteworthy only for their lack of guitar - but the brutal vocal antics alone would keep them from putting anyone to sleep. For an overall impression of Gtechien, a bad translation of one opinion about the duo is quite apt: "This group is likely to put a good slap to you". " Splendidezine (USA) www.myspace.com/gatechien

touring with them are LE SINGE BLANC (The White Monkey) from Metz, North East France...2 bass guitars and a drummer. and a voice, or rather, weird and wonderful gurglings! with influences listed as Joy Division, The Ex, Can, Sonic Youth, The Jesus Lizard, Devo, B-52's, The Residents, Shellac, Zu, Fugazi it makes for very interesting listening. www.myspace.com/lesingeblanc

other acts to be announced soon

CAFE DRUMMONDS

THURS 9TH NOV

9PM

TBC

• 2 months later...

i can't quite put into words how excited i am about seeing gatechien again

i missed them first time at snafu or wherever it was and regretted it, then saw them at the tunnels and was totally blown away. agree with the comment about laurent being a spectacular bass player, not just for technical skill but for the brash charisma too

not missing this gig for any amount of money

i can't quite put into words how excited i am about seeing gatechien again

i missed them first time at snafu or wherever it was and regretted it, then saw them at the tunnels and was totally blown away. agree with the comment about laurent being a spectacular bass player, not just for technical skill but for the brash charisma too

not missing this gig for any amount of money

You gonna wear your big jacket and sun specs again? Great look! :up:

I know its an early shout, but what about stage times(ish)?

Im getting back from germania that day and would really love to see the GUTS in action, but dont get off plane in weegie land until 6pm, meaning 9pm at very very earliest that i could be in Aberdoom.

you've no hope!!!

first band on about 9ish, and im afraid it probably will be GUTS. you'll have to hike it up that road hines!

• 2 weeks later...
Och, I shall have to go some of this gig alone, Im still stunned by the fact its in Drummonds.

Whats all this talk of GUTS?

GUTS is short for GUTS ON FIRE OF NORTH EAST SCOTLAND aka GOFONES....confused?!

its their first gig, featuring member(s) of Copy Ha Ho/PVH and Zippy and Yousef of 'The Thought' fame (if anyone else remembers them!) if you dont know them from there you'll know them from being drunk in Exodus probably!!!!