aberdeen-music

the new aberdeen union "the hub"

Noir

It's pisses me off that nothing has been done with the building yet' date=' it's been closed for nearly 3 years and if nothing else it must be wasting heaps of money.

[/quote']

The old union has been bought by the compnay that owns the Bon Accord and St Nicholas Centres, the reason a huge chunk of the top of the Bon Accord Centre is boarded up is to knock through to the old union. They are keeping sivelles as it is, but converting everything else.

The old union was great, used to skive off college to play pool there, and they always did fantastic food at a great price unlike the RGU union who only cook anything that can be toasted, microwaved or deep fried!!

But The Union isn't actually the student's union' date=' it's just a pub called The Union. You'd need a student card or have to be signed in if it was just for students. I didn't go to the old union much either but at least there it was friendly and had a good atmosphere. It's pisses me off that nothing has been done with the building yet, it's been closed for nearly 3 years and if nothing else it must be wasting heaps of money.

I miss the Ref though, there's not really anywhere to eat on campus where you can get decent food and sit in and that is big enough to guarentee you a seat.[/quote']

The Union is the Students Union, it's owned by the University and is a Union for the students of Aberdeen University. You had to sign into the old Union because it had a private members club licence to allow it to get late opening hours because it couldn't get a nightclub licence. The new Union only has a pub licence as opposed to a private members licence and as such you don't need to sign in.

• 2 weeks later...