Application Form

Position: Bass Player & Designated Stage Target A

1. Real Name? F.G.

2. Nom De Rock? (if applicable): various

3. Gender? Male

4. Date Of Birth? 1981

5. City Of Residence? Aberdeen

6. Your preferred music sub-genre (five words maximum)? Experimental Jazz-rock

7. Do you currently own a bass guitar? Do you intend to buy one? Yes, a fucked Squier P-Bass.

8. Do you currently own a bass amp? Do you intend to buy one? no

9. Are you currently a member of any other musical ensemble? Please give details, including level of commitment to them and applicable websites:

Unnamed jazz rock band

Bike in winter

The Van Dykes

10. Do you have any previous bass playing experience (please note, this is not necessarily a requisite)? Please give details: only in the studio

11. Do you have previous band experience in any other capacity? Please give details:

As guitarist:

The Needles 2001-2002

Electric Tibet 2001 - 2004

Sweetheart 2004 -2006

Hauller (about 2 weeks in 2000)

Also - Art Fuck, Septic Tank, Alpha Male

12. Please give details of your current employment status: busy

13. Do you hold a current driving licence? Do you own a car? yes/yes

14. Do you have any criminal convictions? If so, please give details (these will not necessarily count against you): no convictions

15. Which five albums would you bring with you on the Deadloss Superstar tour van, to be played at great volume when travelling across the country to random gigs?

1- Scott Walker - Scott

2- The Magnetic Fields - 69 Love songs

3- Final Fantasy - Has a good home

4- Stereolab - oscillations from the anti-sun

5- The Microphones - Mount Eerie

16. Which five artists/bands would inspire you while playing with Deadloss Superstar? Please give details.

1- Kim Deal

2- Kim Gordon

3- Tina Weymouth

4- Satomi Matsuzaki

5- Debbie Googe

17. Additional information to support your application (e.g. quality of your rock shapes, ability to take a kicking on stage, ownership of massive van, close relationship with record label MD, et cetera):

My special powers include allergy to alcohol, an ability to nip through hedgerows and looking much younger than I actually am.

18. Would you be prepared to play your debut gig with us after only ONE three hour rehersal? Do you think you'd be any good?

i've gigged with less

19. Are you a smoker?

no

20. Are you a drinker?

maybe a little

21. Please include your email address and myspace site (if applicable)

www.myspace.com/kharleong

Guest Mr Blastcap

Originally Posted by The Ghost Of Fudge

Application Form

1. Real Name?

David farquhar

2. Nom De Rock? (if applicable):

various, Mr Blastcap, Mad Dave Sidca, Dwight Darkness

3. Gender?

male

4. Date Of Birth?

6th Dec 1974

5. City Of Residence?

Aberdeen

6. Your preferred music sub-genre (five words maximum)?

anything thats not shit

7. Do you currently own a bass guitar? Do you intend to buy one?

i have had a bass guitar for years

8. Do you currently own a bass amp? Do you intend to buy one?

no, i have some guitar amps, but could allways borrow one/hire one. aye

9. Are you currently a member of any other musical ensemble? Please give details, including level of commitment to them and applicable websites:

sidca (currently resting)

th_cats now and again.

my own sensitive acoustic weirdness.

10. Do you have any previous bass playing experience (please note, this is not necessarily a requisite)? Please give details:

played bass now and again in the early stages of sidca, and play bass on all my mad dave metal four track sessions.

11. Do you have previous band experience in any other capacity? Please give details:

i once told evan dando he had bad posture.

12. Please give details of your current employment status:

i work at Makro, in the beers and wine section- so if you want knock off whisky etc.....

13. Do you hold a current driving licence? Do you own a car?

get a grip. i have a cycle though.

14. Do you have any criminal convictions? If so, please give details (these will not necessarily count against you):

aye.i cannot recall any details, i was on drugs at the time.

15. Which five albums would you bring with you on the Deadloss Superstar tour van, to be played at great volume when travelling across the country to random gigs?

1-mark lanegan "bubblegum"

2-nirvana "bleach"

3-charley Pride "best of"

4-GVSB anything by them is peachy

5-Royal Trux - same as above

16. Which five artists/bands would inspire you while playing with Deadloss Superstar? Please give details.

1-abba

2-early erasure (just for the "vibe")

3-depeche mode

4-kyuss

5-melvins

17. Additional information to support your application (e.g. quality of your rock shapes, ability to take a kicking on stage, ownership of massive van, close relationship with record label MD, et cetera):

i look like a junkie, and that allways looks good in band photo's.

18. Would you be prepared to play your debut gig with us after only ONE three hour rehersal? Do you think you'd be any good?

oh aye. no-one can hear the bass above all that shouting anyhow.

19. Are you a smoker?

aye, mostly amber leaf. i dont mind other smokers but i draw the line at silk cut, anyone that smokes them is a fuckin poof..

20. Are you a drinker?

i believe in drinking in moderation...

well up untill the point i'm drunk then that all go's out the window..............

21. Please include your email address and myspace site (if applicable):

www.myspace.com/davidfarquhar

• 2 weeks later...

1. Real Name? Wayne Paterson

2. Nom De Rock? (if applicable): Mister Wayne Paterson

3. Gender? Male

4. Date Of Birth? 20/6/1975

5. City Of Residence? Udny Station (for those that dont know, in the sticks)

6. Your preferred music sub-genre (five words maximum)? Metal

7. Do you currently own a bass guitar? Do you intend to buy one? i own a bass 4 string and i intend to buy a 5 stringr

8. Do you currently own a bass amp? Do you intend to buy one? yes i own an amp only a 100 watt and i intend to buy better one

9. Are you currently a member of any other musical ensemble? Please give details, including level of commitment to them and applicable websites: yes but its not going anywhere

10. Do you have any previous bass playing experience (please note, this is not necessarily a requisite)? Please give details:playing for 10 years

11. Do you have previous band experience in any other capacity? Please give details: appart from the one that isnt going anywhere no

12. Please give details of your current employment status: bass player

13. Do you hold a current driving licence? Do you own a car? no but i do have a car

14. Do you have any criminal convictions? If so, please give details (these will not necessarily count against you): none of your damn buisness

1- Blues to the red sun - Kyuss

2- Power Trip - Monster Magnet

3- Deliverance - Corrosion Of Conformity

4- Superunknown - Soundgarden

5- Any System Of A Down Album

1- Cliff Burton

2- Krusty the clown

3- Peter Griffen

4- Quagmire

5- Homer Simpson

17. Additional information to support your application (e.g. quality of your rock shapes, ability to take a kicking on stage, ownership of massive van, close relationship with record label MD, et cetera): im very good at creating bass lines, give me a beat ill give you a bass line

18. Would you be prepared to play your debut gig with us after only ONE three hour rehersal? Do you think you'd be any good? Fuck yea id give it a go

19. Are you a smoker? yes of many brands

20. Are you a drinker? yes of many brands

21. Please include your email address and myspace site (if applicable): DeadMetal17987@aol.com

Application Form

Room for 1 more???

1. Real Name?

Yes I have one.

2. Nom De Rock? (if applicable):

Flash.

3. Gender?

Flexible.

4. Date Of Birth?

30th February 1980.

5. City Of Residence?

Aberdeen.

6. Your preferred music sub-genre (five words maximum)?

Rock 'n Roll

7. Do you currently own a bass guitar? Do you intend to buy one?

Yes... But it's a shite Stagg one.

8. Do you currently own a bass amp? Do you intend to buy one?

Yes it's an Ampeg SVT2-PRO with a 4x10 cab. But someone else has to carry it.

9. Are you currently a member of any other musical ensemble? Please give details' date=' including level of commitment to them and applicable websites:

I sing karaoke about once a year.

10. Do you have any previous bass playing experience (please note, this is not necessarily a requisite)? Please give details:

No, I have limited musical capability.

Managed Toxik Ephex for a while.

12. Please give details of your current employment status:

I run 2 legitmate businesses... and the rest...

13. Do you hold a current driving licence? Do you own a car?

Yes techncially I own 4 cars and 3 motorcycles.

14. Do you have any criminal convictions? If so, please give details (these will not necessarily count against you):

Us brainy guys never get caught,

1-Carpenters - Greatest Hits

2-Patti Smith - Land

3-Cheap Trick - Dream Police

4-The Benny Hill Album

5-Bill Hicks Live

1-Cheap Trick

2-Benny Hill

3-AC/DC

4-The Tubes

5-Eddie Cochran

a) I have a bar. It has a stage. We could rehearse there. There are also recording facilities. REPEAT: a bar. Yes a bar. It is fully sotcked with alcohol. A BAR!

b) Best mates with Garth.

c) I'm a pirate.

d) Have access to a company jet.

e) You are currently dependent on me for employment :)

I can't play anyway so a rehersal would only confuse me.

19. Are you a smoker?

No but I have virtually limitless access to all drugs.

20. Are you a drinker?

To the point of giving lecture tours. I prefer the term alcophile.

21. Please include your email address and myspace site (if applicable):

[url']www.myspace.com/flashthepirate

• Upvote 1

17. Additional information to support your application (e.g. quality of your rock shapes' date=' ability to take a kicking on stage, ownership of massive van, close relationship with record label MD, et cetera):

a) I have a bar. It has a stage. We could rehearse there. There are also recording facilities. REPEAT: a bar. Yes a bar. It is fully sotcked with alcohol. A BAR!

[/quote']

weeeeeee haaaaaave aaaaaaaa winnnnnnnnnner!

d) Have access to a company jet.

can we spraypaint the deadloss monster on the side?

• 1 month later...

ok, so, for the benefit of being able to go out in public and not having to field questions about the identity of our new bassist, here's what i know:

deadloss are trying to find a wndow of oppertunity when they will all be in aberdeen simultaneously. when this happens, we'll get four or five bassists along to captain toms for a while, and play some songs with them. hopefully, sometime before that craig will at some point burn them all CDs of deadloss songs to learn.

it looks like it's one of two candidates who'll fill our gaping band hole. but there are a couple of outside bets.

:gringo:

also, deadloss's's's's newest song got a spin at moshulu on friday night. it sounded mighty, even without harmonica.

PERVY MODE:

plasticorangeambb.jpg

Michty !!! o_O

"Young man, there's no need to feel down.

I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.

I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town

There's no need to be unhappy.

Young man, there's a place you can go.

I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.

You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find

Many ways to have a good time.

It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A.

It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A"