aberdeen-music

Official Bassist Application Form - online here

The Ghost Of Fudge

ah whit! my computer lost this post when i tried to submit it not 2 mins ago. arse.

here we go again then...

here's the application form for the position of bassist with deadloss superstar. please complete it in at your lesuire, there is no time limit. post your completed details in this thread (for public humiliation), or PM it to me (useful for those who haven't told their current band members they're interesting in this vacancy)...

you can even email your completed form to: deadlosssuperstar@hotmail.com

N.B. - our lie detector will scan all answers. no fibs.

Application Form

Position: Bass Player & Designated Stage Target A

1. Real Name?

2. Nom De Rock? (if applicable):

3. Gender?

4. Date Of Birth?

5. City Of Residence?

6. Your preferred music sub-genre (five words maximum)?

7. Do you currently own a bass guitar? Do you intend to buy one?

8. Do you currently own a bass amp? Do you intend to buy one?

9. Are you currently a member of any other musical ensemble? Please give details, including level of commitment to them and applicable websites:

10. Do you have any previous bass playing experience (please note, this is not necessarily a requisite)? Please give details:

11. Do you have previous band experience in any other capacity? Please give details:

12. Please give details of your current employment status:

13. Do you hold a current driving licence? Do you own a car?

14. Do you have any criminal convictions? If so, please give details (these will not necessarily count against you):

15. Which five albums would you bring with you on the Deadloss Superstar tour van, to be played at great volume when travelling across the country to random gigs?

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

16. Which five artists/bands would inspire you while playing with Deadloss Superstar? Please give details.

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

17. Additional information to support your application (e.g. quality of your rock shapes, ability to take a kicking on stage, ownership of massive van, close relationship with record label MD, et cetera):

18. Would you be prepared to play your debut gig with us after only ONE three hour rehersal? Do you think you'd be any good?

19. Are you a smoker?

20. Are you a drinker?

21. Please include your email address and myspace site (if applicable):

ah whit! my computer lost this post when i tried to submit it not 2 mins ago. arse.

here we go again then...

here's the application form for the position of bassist with deadloss superstar. please complete it in at your lesuire' date=' there is no time limit. post your completed details in this thread (for public humiliation), or PM it to me (useful for those who haven't told their current band members they're interesting in this vacancy)...

you can even email your completed form to: [email']deadlosssuperstar@hotmail.com

N.B. - our lie detector will scan all answers. no fibs.

Application Form

1. Real Name?

3. Gender?

4. Date Of Birth?

5. City Of Residence?

9. Are you currently a member of any other musical ensemble? Please give details, including level of commitment to them and applicable websites:

10. Do you have any previous bass playing experience (please note, this is not necessarily a requisite)? Please give details:

11. Do you have previous band experience in any other capacity? Please give details:

14. Do you have any criminal convictions? If so, please give details (these will not necessarily count against you):

15. Which five albums would you bring with you on the Deadloss Superstar tour van, to be played at great volume when travelling across the country to random gigs?

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

16. Which five artists/bands would inspire you while playing with Deadloss Superstar? Please give details.

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

17. Additional information to support your application (e.g. quality of your rock shapes, ability to take a kicking on stage, ownership of massive van, close relationship with record label MD, et cetera):

18. Would you be prepared to play your debut gig with us after only ONE three hour rehersal? Do you think you'd be any good?

19. Are you a smoker?

20. Are you a drinker?

You seem to have missed off...

22. Mothers maiden name

23. Inside leg measurement

FUCK OFF

Jesus, it's almost like a real job...

1. Real Name? Christopher John Robertson

2. Nom De Rock? (if applicable): Jonny Lucifer/Hugh Bruise

3. Gender? Male

4. Date Of Birth? 13/05/79

5. City Of Residence? Aberdeen

6. Your preferred music sub-genre (five words maximum)? Rock, rock, rock, rock, rock

7. Do you currently own a bass guitar? Do you intend to buy one? No, but I have access to a Flying V, and 2 Fender P-basses. I intend to buy a Thunderbird , if I get the job.

8. Do you currently own a bass amp? Do you intend to buy one? No, but I have access to a 600w Trace Elliot, and will buy my own if I get the job. God bless the Student Loans company.

9. Are you currently a member of any other musical ensemble? Please give details, including level of commitment to them and applicable websites: Radio Lucifer (www.myspace.com/radiolucifer), my *main* band; and solo, which I can take or leave whenever I like.

10. Do you have any previous bass playing experience (please note, this is not necessarily a requisite)? Please give details: As part of Neil Leyton's backing band, as part of a college band, and filling in for DLS

11. Do you have previous band experience in any other capacity? Please give details: Been in bands singing, or playing guitar/bass, for 13 years

12. Please give details of your current employment status: Part time job; music student

13. Do you hold a current driving licence? Do you own a car? No and no

14. Do you have any criminal convictions? If so, please give details (these will not necessarily count against you): No

1- Endless, Nameless - The Wildhearts

2- American Trilogy - Johnny Cash

3- The Rise and Fall of Butch Walker and the Let's Go Out Tonites - Butch Walker

4- Astrocreep 2000 - White Zombie

5- Paradise, Found - Fight Paris

1- Nikki Sixx

2- Icarus Line

3- Clutch

4- Dee Dee Ramone

5- Paul Simonon

17. Additional information to support your application (e.g. quality of your rock shapes, ability to take a kicking on stage, ownership of massive van, close relationship with record label MD, et cetera): Year's worth of 'industry' contacts; general disregard for personal safety; access to a van (with enough prior warning); motivation

18. Would you be prepared to play your debut gig with us after only ONE three hour rehersal? Do you think you'd be any good? I've played with Deadloss with no rehearsal whatsoever

19. Are you a smoker? Yes

20. Are you a drinker? Yes

21. Please include your email address and myspace site (if applicable): psychoagogo1@yahoo.com; www.myspace.com/radiolucifer; www.myspace.com/hughbruise

Bass in your face London

1. Real Name? Biz

2. Nom De Rock? (if applicable): Biz - sometimes aka The Pop gun assasin

3. Gender? Male

4. Date Of Birth? Hey man if you can remember the 60s you were'nt there

5. City Of Residence? Sin City

6. Your preferred music sub-genre (five words maximum)? Ooh thats a bit hard - I like Los Caballeros and King Liar though

7. Do you currently own a bass guitar? Do you intend to buy one? No. I borrowed one from my brother and he is unlikely to want it back -he has amongst others a very nice black and white Rickenbacker - I got the cheap Fender

8. Do you currently own a bass amp? Do you intend to buy one? -I dinna hae a bass amp - but I hae one o them Marshall stacks that clips ontae my belt.

9. Are you currently a member of any other musical ensemble? Please give details, including level of commitment to them and applicable websites: You know me - any time anyplace anywhere - highest bidder or biggest cairy oot wins

10. Do you have any previous bass playing experience (please note, this is not necessarily a requisite)? Please give details: Put it like this -my bass playing is about as good a standard as Lucifers singing - what I lack in some ways I more than make up for in others.

11. Do you have previous band experience in any other capacity? Please give details: Ohhh yes, but I have done far too much to list here -anything on drums except Jazz - unless it's a wee Jam wi Bug. I once mooned at a guy whilst he was live on Northsound - Ali Pat Ma Bongos pretended to lick my crack tae -he he he -then Jim Gellately came in and had to pretend he was really cross with us, he he he

I have done heaps of radio stuff.

I met Roy Castle at an airport -I had chatted up the stewardess so managed to get off for a quick tab -and holy fuck there's Roy walking towards me -bald as a coot after the cancer treatment tae -but I had a wee blether wi him and at least he didnae tap a fag aff me.

These are the sort of stories that will keep the driver awake on those long touring nights.

Wait till I tell ye aboot the Swedish twins and the sports car ,he he he Vroom Vrooom, she grabbed hold of it and said Hello Mum hello Aunty Doris.

12. Please give details of your current employment status: I am currently engaged from time to time taking the money at the door on Fudge nights, that and writing about bands and either bigging them up or writing REALLY bad reviews which I then throw in a bin.I also work for major artists who I'd rather not mention as some are rather shite and it ain't gonna do me any favours name dropping them.

13. Do you hold a current driving licence? Do you own a car? Ohh yes

14. Do you have any criminal convictions? If so, please give details (these will not necessarily count against you): Amazingly - NO - I got deported from Namibia but as I explained to them in the Jail the cocaine and $25000 belonged to Howard and I only met him the once in Wales and got so monged that woke up in Tanzania with some bloke called Richie .

1-Dark Star -Twenty Twenty Sound

2-Alabama 3 -Exile on Coldharbour Lane

3-punk rock compilation made by Blitzkrieg Bob

4-punk rock/ disco/ rock compilation made by Biz

5-The Ruts -The Crack

1-The Kraken Twins

2-that sweaty drummer -Oggy

3-Jackie Chan

4-that bloke that does Mind Body and kick ass moves

5-George Dawes cos Craigs fat face looks like his

17. Additional information to support your application (e.g. quality of your rock shapes, ability to take a kicking on stage, ownership of massive van, close relationship with record label MD, et cetera): If I was you I would not attempt to get too close as the bass makes a pretty fine weapon, better be on my side and team up against someone else -what about that cheeky scamp Martin -he's far too young and good looking for his age -we could slightly weather him a bit - it's all for his own good in the long run.

18. Would you be prepared to play your debut gig with us after only ONE three hour rehersal? Do you think you'd be any good? Yes I would probably be amazing to watch -dunno if it would sound good as I only ever play along to stuff on MTV.

But 3 hours is long enough to drink and smoke you dry, chat about drums for 10 minutes and show you some karate moves .

19. Are you a smoker? Yes but nae smack or PCP or crack unless the dope and booze run oot

20. Are you a drinker? Ha ha ha - you tell me, I have to go on Craig watch to see where I've been.

Application Form

1. Real Name? Liam Ross Creedon

2. Nom De Rock? (if applicable): Creedz

3. Gender?Male

4. Date Of Birth?25/05/1990

5. City Of Residence?Aberdeen/ Kingswells

6. Your preferred music sub-genre (five words maximum)? Bluesy Rock Funk

7. Do you currently own a bass guitar? Do you intend to buy one? Yes I Do Dont Own An Amp Yet Looking On Buying A Stack

8. Do you currently own a bass amp? Do you intend to buy one? No / Yes

PulseBand - i play bass for them - www.pulseband.net

Played Bass For Crack In The Mirror for 4 years

i been playing lead guitar for ten years and have been doing sound engineering for 6

im in college

no / no

1 for beatting up a guy wen i was pissed

1- Dark side of the moon

2- Delicate Sound Of Thunder

3- Happy Mondays

4- Laterus

5- The Best Of Slayer

1- Pink FLoyd - i just think there they greates band alive

2- myself - i dont really get inspitrd by many other bands i just have my own syle

4- tool - schism bass line koolest ever

5-

yes / yes if i played the songs over a few times and had bass tabs

19. Are you a smoker? yes

20. Are you a drinker? yes

21. Please include your email address and myspace site (if applicable): doggydj2004@aol.com

10. Do you have any previous bass playing experience (please note' date=' this is not necessarily a requisite)? Please give details: Put it like this -my bass playing is about as good a standard as Lucifers singing - what I lack in some ways I more than make up for in others.

[/quote']

I have a qualification in singing now, believe it or not. I could teach 8 year olds how to breathe from their diaphram...

Application Form

1. Real Name? Matthew Lewis Davies

2. Nom De Rock? (if applicable): spoonie

3. Gender? Male

4. Date Of Birth? 30th May 1983

5. City Of Residence? Glasgow, but Edinburgh by the time you'll be needing me

6. Your preferred music sub-genre (five words maximum)? blues rock

7. Do you currently own a bass guitar? Do you intend to buy one? i own 6: us fender precision, jap precision, fender jazz special, stingray, warwick streamer std and legend p-bass copy

8. Do you currently own a bass amp? Do you intend to buy one? i own a classic peavery TKO 80 which is a tank!

FeSTR - myspace.com/festr

Quixote - myspace.com/quixoteband

10. Do you have any previous bass playing experience (please note, this is not necessarily a requisite)? Please give details: 8 years in FeSTR, 1 in Quixote, 1 1/2 in Silkstone, 1 in Adults Only (blues/rock covers band), have gigged with Black Atom and various jams across the country

11. Do you have previous band experience in any other capacity? Please give details: None.

12. Please give details of your current employment status: Employed working 3 days per week until october. then full time employment in edinburgh on BS graduate scheme

13. Do you hold a current driving licence? Do you own a car? no, no

14. Do you have any criminal convictions? If so, please give details (these will not necessarily count against you): no

1-stevie ray vaughan and double trouble - couldn't stand the weather

2-motley crue - dr feelgood

3-black crowes - shake your money maker

4-paul lamb and the king snakes - take your time and get it right

5-hendrix - electric ladyland

1-nikki sixx

2-is there anyone else?

3-

4-

5-

17. Additional information to support your application (e.g. quality of your rock shapes, ability to take a kicking on stage, ownership of massive van, close relationship with record label MD, et cetera): i'm hard as fuck. also a hand and motivated guy to have around when things need done

18. Would you be prepared to play your debut gig with us after only ONE three hour rehersal? Do you think you'd be any good? played debut gig with quixote after one three hour rehersal and i'd never heard any of their stuff live! only the three tracks on myspace

19. Are you a smoker? no

20. Are you a drinker? yes

21. Please include your email address and myspace site (if applicable): spoondogg@bigfoot.com

myspace.com/spoonieab3

1. Real Name? James Johnson

2. Nom De Rock? (if applicable): Jimmy Lucifer, Binky, James Deadloss

3. Gender? Male

4. Date Of Birth? 4/3/83

5. City Of Residence? Aberdeen

6. Your preferred music sub-genre (five words maximum)? Hardcore punk

7. Do you currently own a bass guitar? Do you intend to buy one? Not really. Although I'll buy Martin's off him if he doesn't need it.

8. Do you currently own a bass amp? Do you intend to buy one? Nope. Do you have any idea how much those things cost? I bet people who have said "No but I'll get one if I get the job" are lying through their teeth.

9. Are you currently a member of any other musical ensemble? Please give details, including level of commitment to them and applicable websites: Radio Lucifer (www.myspace.com/radiolucifer) and I was until recently, in Today We Fight! (www.myspace.com/todaywefight). I am committed to everything I do! There'd be no point in doing it otherwise. Oh and I'm in Deadloss for the moment too.

10. Do you have any previous bass playing experience (please note, this is not necessarily a requisite)? Please give details: Been playing bass in Deadloss for the past 4 years. How could you forget? I also played bass in Today We Fight! and a long time ago I played bass in the nu-metal beat combo Red By Choice. The less said about that the better though.

11. Do you have previous band experience in any other capacity? Please give details: I've played guitar and written songs in TAR, We Become Less, Radio Lucifer. I've played drums with Neil Leyton and I've toured the U.K on a number of occasions.

12. Please give details of your current employment status: Just barely employed.

13. Do you hold a current driving licence? Do you own a car? Nope to both. It's just a bad idea really.

14. Do you have any criminal convictions? If so, please give details (these will not necessarily count against you): Alas, no.

1- "Damaged" - Black Flag

2- "Built To Last" - Sick Of It All

3- "Turn It Around" - Comeback Kid

4- "Fishing For Luckies" - The Wildhearts

5- "Mystery White Boy" - Jeff Buckley

1- Jeff Buckley. Well, he's ace isn't he?

2- Sick Of It All. Hardest working band in hardcore I tells ya!

3- Henry Rollins.

4- Killswitch Engage. I admire their silky songwriting skills and down to earth nature.

5- Rob Van Dam. I know he's a wrestler but I find his high flying and ability to take awesome bumps quite inspirational.

17. Additional information to support your application (e.g. quality of your rock shapes, ability to take a kicking on stage, ownership of massive van, close relationship with record label MD, et cetera): My stage moves are erratic and slightly dangerous if the stage is quite small. As for my ability to take a kicking, I don't think I really need to go into detail. Deadloss have made sure my knees, back and, rather worringly, my testicles will never quite be the same.

18. Would you be prepared to play your debut gig with us after only ONE three hour rehersal? Do you think you'd be any good? Yes and yes.

19. Are you a smoker? Oh yes.

20. Are you a drinker? Yep.

21. Please include your email address and myspace site (if applicable): jimmylucifer@hotmail.co.uk ; www.myspace.com/becomeless

Application Form

1. Real Name?

Adam Marnoch

Psydoll

3. Gender?

Male

4. Date Of Birth?

19/08/82

5. City Of Residence?

Aberdeen

Sleaze

Own one at the moment, mayhaps will buy another one at some point this year.

I appear to have come into the ownership of a bass amp in the last 48 hours. Bonza.

AKA Crap Boyfriend that I can work on whenever I actually feel like it.

Nothing outwith my own bedroom.

One shambling live performance doing vocals for a covers band, occasional stage invading and countless bands that have petered oot.

Emplyed as a chef and a DJ.

Nope and nope. See question 20.

Nope.

1-Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come

2-The Bronx - The Bronx

3-The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster - Horse Of The Dog

4-Faith No More - Angel Dust

5-Rage Against The Machine - Evil Empire

1-Mastodon - It's all about the stonery groove.

2-Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster - Frantic and amusing while still being ace.

3-Prodigy - Amazing basslines are still amazing basslines.

4-Refused - Punktastic fury.

5-Karloff - Specifically the Drakes gig where Ant didn't really seem to have learnt any of the basslines and got told off for trying to drink from a two litre bottle of whiskey and irn bru with no hands free 'cause it was in the middle of a song.

Rock shapes can be seen sans bass every Friday in Moshulu, branded a "wanker magnet" (although this may have been partly resolved as of late) recently and so should be uesd to taking a kicking, my flatmate and close personal friend Maxi can ferry me about in his van for pakora sauce-related fun (;)) and apparently I make all the other band members seem better looking. Cheek.

Yesh and I imagine I'd keep up the high standard of Deadloss action that the public expects. Take that as you will.

19. Are you a smoker?

I do not like tobacco.

20. Are you a drinker?

I like alcomohol.

house_of_flies666(at)hotmail.com

Speaking about applying for stupid jobs...the plot thickens...

I would like to apply for the position of Jonny A Go Go if he gets the job as bassist.

Deadloss will be far too busy with touring and shit for Chris to be in two places at once so I'll hae a go at Being Hugh Bruise etc if there is a market for itTheghostofGoGofuturejpgthenooocheye.JPG