aberdeen-music

Axl Rose Dead

Guest onlynik

of course its a bloody con, not many people would go and see the stones without keith richards and look what happened when john squire left the stone roses. i don't begrudge anyone going to see the current kareoke version how people spend their money is up to them but its not G n R just axl rose and a bunch of session musicians.

but that makes the users of this site think that they know something that the people who go to present day GnR gigs don't? it's apparent to everyone exactly who's left in the band and who's gone. based on that information, which is not kept a secret, people decide to go and see them.

/x

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, its not really GNR, yes Axl looks very, very silly, and yes, its all for the money....

BUT

I still saw them in Manchester, and for the fisrt four songs, they were PHENOMINAL. When the lights go down, the pyros go off, and the riff to "Welcome to The Jungle" kicks in, fuck the facts, it was brilliant. And "Live and Let Die" goes down as one of my favourite gig moments ever.

The rest of the show was a bit poo mind. And the new songs are terrible.