aberdeen-music

Axl Rose Dead

Guest onlynik

Guest onlynik
The bit that gets me about this is that for a song and a half people were watching Guns n' Roses without a single original member of GnR on the stage.

Yep still, you got to see the frontman from Skid Row.

Guest bluesxman
Yep still' date=' you got to see the frontman from Skid Row.[/quote']

Which would be good reason for a refund. Skid Row were total shagwank.

And how was Axl nearly dead? He was a bit poorly. Must remember next time I'm feeling ill and take a sickie and phone my boss, must say I nearly died through the night for emphasis.

Guest onlynik
The "Ex" fromtman.

Sebastian Bach (ex-public schoolboy at the same school as Prince Andrew) was' date=' and always will be, an egotistical no-talented twat.[/quote']

I know, sorry I should have said former frontman. I even saw the 'new' Skid Row at the garage a few years ago

• 2 weeks later...
Oh' date=' turns out he's only dead creatively speaking, Faster Pussycat were ALWAYS better.

P.S. Poster, always glad to see someone listening to Hanoi, but must disagree on the Warrant, has their singer died from his inverted eyelids yet?[/quote']

Where you finding time for all these postings between street bowls Mondragon?

I saw Skid Row support Motley Crue on the Dr. Feelgood tour, and they were excellent (mind you not excellent enough to make me follow their career - quite surprised they still exsist).

Lead singer must tie with that prick from Dollar as the person who made the biggest twat of himself on Never Mind The Buzzcocks.

. . . or Pete Burns.

No one.....

absolutely no - one....

made as big a twat of themselves as Pete Burns did.....

on Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

Oh' date=' turns out he's only dead creatively speaking[/quote']

No shit, am I alone in thinking that these fuckers were already dead "creatively speaking" nigh on 20 years ago? Why anyone here, most of whom were probably still in the womb at the peak of guns'n'roses popularity, gives a flying fuck about them mystifies me.

guns n roses, a very commendable and formidable combo in their day, died the minute slash left the fold. the kareoke version that rose (who quite frankly looks even more ridiculous than he did in their heyday given the times he could be forgiven for the appaling hair and tight cycling shorts) and his flabby middle aged arse is touting round arenas and festivals has got to be one of the biggest jokes in rock, the kids seem to fall for it though.

and whatever did happen to the chinese democracy album? 15 years in the making and counting. does anyone really take g n r seriously these days?

as with most bands/artists mentioned in threads of this ilk, GnR are/were a band with a lot of great songs. these songs are loved by many, me included. now apologies to people on here if you don't approve of people going to see GnR these days, but who the fuck gives you the right to say that 'the kids' are being conned? people are entitled to see whoever the fuck they like and spend their money on whichever band/half band/karaoke act they wish. just because they were around when most people on here were too young too understand what music was, doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with liking them. just because some people might object to old bands reforming/carrying on past their sell by date, doesn't mean that people are any less intellegent by choosing to listen to it over obscure techno from pleaces with a 'real scene' or czech grind played on two basses and a banjo and recorded through a horses arse.

/x