aberdeen-music

Cooking

Afro Droid

Ah. Lazy Garlic. Hmmm! Garlic Puree is cool too and needed here...

I have a neat spin on bolognese which I got from a cookbook when I was a student. Here goes...

Chop up onions, carrots, mushroooms, garlic and peppers, chuck em in the frying pan and then add the lean minced beef.

After browning it, add whatever tomoat element you are going to add, passata, chopped plum toms or tomato ketchup....ketchup will give it a VERY rich flavour!

Cook it for twenty five minutes but half way through add one chicken stock cube whisked up in boiling water...really nice!

Five minutes before serving add lots of garlic puree, some tabasco and a splash of milk, then stir well, the milk will thicken it and hold it all together.

There';s a great deli on Rosemount Place or used to be anyway, that sells chilli and garlic flavour sphagetti!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 large potatoes

1 Block of cheese

grate the cheese put it in a jug

grate the tatties place in same tub

Mix so the cheese and tattie are all mushy

Heat up a frying pan with a little butter take out some of the mixture with your hands.Fill the bottom of the frying pan and cook untill golden brown.Turn and cook the other side...

I mean how cheap and delicius do you need a snack to be?

(Of course you can add butter milk or any herb you wish into the raw tattie and grated cheese mix)

Guest Gasss

My green spinach curry recipie

Seal 500g chopped chicken breasts in a really hot pan then take out and leave to one side

Slowly sweat 2 finely chopped onions with loads of butter on a low heat

add about 1/2 a bag of frozen, chopped spinach

Add crushed garlic (I use about 4 cloves)

cook it for about 40 minutes on a really low heat until really soft

add a bit of chicken stock + curry powder to taste (I like a lot)

Add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes

add the chicken back in for about 10 minutes at the end and simmer (make sure the chicken's cooked through)

serve with rice

I guess you could use green chillies as well but I haven't tried it yet. You could also marinade the chicken in some lemon juice for a couple of hours beforehand.

3 large potatoes

1 Block of cheese

Heat up a frying pan with a little butter take out some of the mixture with your hands.Fill the bottom of the frying pan and cook untill golden brown.Turn and cook the other side...

(Of course you can add butter milk or any herb you wish into the raw tattie and grated cheese mix)

tattie rostis then?

ive got loads of great recipies that i woo people with on a daily basis. i cant be arsed just now

oh and with chilli, ALWAYS put some sugar in there

3 large potatoes

1 Block of cheese

if you add in a tiny bit of chopped onion, some chopped mushrooms, and some chopped peppers, then add 1 whisked egg it makes a very tasty treat... the egg just really binds it and gives it an extra level of flavor :up:

i love cooking and soups are my main area of prowess! my favourite at the moment' date=' which is excellent since we're in the summer months and it's nice and light, is the following (stolen and adapted from altnation!):

red pepper with lime soup (this is it made in mass quantities are i like to do!!)

15 red peppers, de-seeded and roughly chopped

4 small-med onions, roughly chopped

2 cloves of garlic, crushed

3 limes (grate the rinds finely and squeeze in the juice)

3 tbsp tomato puree

3 red chili peppers

2l stock (veg or chicken is best)

put the onions and garlic in a large pan with about 3 tbsp of oil and cook on a medium heat until they start to go clear. you might need to add a little more oil to stop them sticking but don't go mental because this is a really healthy recipe so the less oil the better.

add all the chopped red pepers and cover. leave for about ten mins or until the peppers go orange and realease a lot of water. add the rest of the ingredients and boil for about half an hour. leave to cool and blend down as finely as you want it. i do it quite fine but leave enough texture to give it a little bite.

spoons

/x[/quote']

The above recipe is delicious. I can vouch having tasted it when I last visited the spoonmeister. Unfortunately I got pissed and didn't get to have a whole bowl when we got home.

Mr Lucifer made a delicious beef stew last night and tasty chicken soup last week. It's certainly a huge improvement on the time he made pancakes without eggs, thus creating a sort of fried wallpaper paste effect.

Guest bluesxman
add as appt

for me' date=' it enhances the beef flavour, also find that the spice is a smoother *hit* and has more flavour

all round it makes it more palatable

try it

also the cocoa thing is good, but it needs to be good quality cocoa[/quote']

Cool, shall try it next time, cheers ma man.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
that's more like it spoonie' date=' no pre-prepared bollox (jake?! "cooking" isn't opening a jar of sauce and heating it up!)[/quote']

Read it again. You have to boil the pasta and grill the chicken. What more do you fucking want?! Plus, I live within pissing distance of:

Canton House

Sunway

Blue Spice

Yee Yee

Lucky Star

Oriental Palace

Thai Fish Bar

So I don't need to cook anyway. Rock.

Hogs Spag Bol.

Lean Mince, heat it up for about 20 mins,

Throw in some chopped mushrooms, red peppers and some chopped garlic

Heat for a few mins

Put some Tomato puree and chopped tomatoes

Add some Bolognase spice

Serve with Parmesan cheese on top.

I also do a nice chinese meal with chicken and lychees that I get from a Chinese store on King Street.

ROASTED PARSNIP AND PARMESAN SOUP

Serves 6

450 g parsnips cut into lengths

50g freshly grated parmesan cheese

tbsp olive oil

15 g butter

medium onion finely chopped

1 tbsp plain flour

1.5 litres vegetable stock

salt and freshly ground black pepper

4 tablespoons double cream

Pre- heat the oven to 200C

Simmer the parsnips in salted water for 3 minutes. Drain well and toss in half the parmesan cheese. Put the olive oil in a roasting pan and heat in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Arrange the parsnips in the roasting pan add the butter and bake for 45 minutes basting frequently. Drain the excess oil into a large saucepan and cook the onion gently without colouring until soft. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock, stirring constantly and bring to the boil. Add the parsnips and simmer covered for 10 minutes.

Liquidise the soup with the remaining parmesan cheese until smooth. Stir in the cream, taste for seasoning and reheat.