aberdeen-music

Brand new MY MINDS WEAPON song!

Dan G

its not really a song in my mind, more a collection of fancy guitar riffs.

Some nice ideas in there tho and the vocals sound good, although if im honest its not something i would go back and listen to for enjoyment reasons more to hear what you guys are doing now. I agree with the comment about it sounding a bit muddy, especially when compared to your older recordings and the snare is weird sounding.

Where was it recorded?

Well, I think everyone would agree that the snare sounds weird... we actually recorded 4 songs and for some reason this is the only one that the snare came out sounding dodgy. Must have been a mixing thing, but I'm sure (drummer) nick will rectify it!

Owning it on cd I know it's a lot less muddy than previous recordings that we've done... maybe that's mp3 quality or maybe I'm biased... who knows!

I am positive however that out of the four songs we recorded, this one is far and away the most difficult to get 'into' due to the song length and structure. But, that's what we're going for these days, like it or loathe it.

It was recorded/engineered/mixed etc by ourselves, up in glasgow for free. All music was recorded in one day at Nick's college, and all vocals were recorded on another day in Nick's bedroom wardrobe!

Ordinarily far from my cup of tea but I rather enjoyed that, along with my bran flakes. I wont repeat the criticisms and I agree with them but will say that it all motors along great and then an Iron Maiden solo pops up...o_O Not a fan of that bit but that is purely a taste thing.

I was reminded at times of 'Faith No More'. No bad thing at all. Top recording and in a DIY styleee too

'Applauds'

Jim

I actually think the "rarr rarr" vocals are stronger on that than they have been on any other Weapon tracks before. Even if one of your screams (at least I think it's you) does sound pretty seriously deranged Dan:P All the extra vocals sound awesome too.

Like it:)

I actually think the "rarr rarr" vocals are stronger on that than they have been on any other Weapon tracks before. Even if one of your screams (at least I think it's you) does sound pretty seriously deranged Dan:P All the extra vocals sound awesome too.

Like it:)

If it's a high pitched rubbish girly scream' date=' then chances are it's me, hahaha. :D

some of riffs sound like they have been taking straight out of a killswitch engage tune , so from some peoples point of view that is a great thing.

I'd have to say the only bit (in my opinion!) that is Killswitch Engage-esque, is the very final riff... but I'm happy to take that as a compliment anyway :).

Is it just me or is there less 'singing' in this one and more 'screaming'? Not necessarily a bad thing, as I agree the screamy bits seem to fit better than before. The drums all sound a bit too dead and clicky I think, I would prefer a bit more tone. But the actual drumming is superb, that lad just keeps getting better.

Guest Mr Blastcap

i like the guitars. bugga chuggy and that. sounds like carcass, well a bit like the last cd they did anyhow. i quite like the spastic singing, its "chirpy", as a point of interest why are you not singing about inverted crosses and the like?

Holy mother of god , look at the bottom of the page and one of the similar threads is "10 most dullest songs" what a coincidence.

The most honestsy i've ever read in a thread about My Minds Weapon.

Good to see your still following the trends though Ben .... from Quik when punk was in to Mind My Ego when emo choons are in.

What next are you going to form a Bonkers tribute act or just join Enter Shikari?

Hahaha amazing.

Come talk to me when you're any good at life yeah.

You're pathetic. I guess you wont be wanting that vinyl copy of Necroticism by Carcass that you begged me to sell you a year or two back. Thats right, the one i bought when you were 7 years old in 1995. Dont matter then.

Jealousy is an ugly thing matey...but look in the mirror and you'll see something uglier...ALOT uglier ;)

Hahaha amazing.

Come talk to me when you're any good at life yeah.

You're pathetic. I guess you wont be wanting that vinyl copy of Necroticism by Cracass that you begged me to sell you a year or two back. Thats right' date=' the one i bought when you were 7 years old in 1995. Dont matter then.

Jealousy is an ugly thing matey...but look in the mirror and you'll see something uglier...ALOT uglier ;)[/quote']

Yeah cool mate you do your thing and i will do mine, i was mearly calling it like i saw it.

Im cool for the vinyl anyway thanks though.

Hey listen here you cannot deny the fact that you change with the trends simple as.

I may be only 18 but hey fuck it i will learn ( eventually ) Just because people may be older does not make them any wiser.

:popcorn:

I wish i had a bigger handbag.

P.s the tunes are good for what they're *fucking mods*